MG4: The New Batch

just wondering what the boat / docking situation is now. Did a boat unload MG4's 18th November?
Are people still waiting for their car from this delivery date ? If so I would assume by Christmas you might have your vehicle ? What have your dealers told you in the way of updates?

When is the next boat load of MG4's due , early 2023 now?
Apparently, there's a massive shortage of HGV drivers to take cars from the docks to the dealerships.

Got a phone call from my dealer on Saturday 3rd Nov. The status of my order (ordered Orange Trophy end of Sep) has not changed from "Processing" to "TBC". I was originally told I would get my car in November, thats clearly not happened - I'm honestly not expecting this car to appear until about January or February.
As a matter of interest, MG Wakefield said they were expecting a delivery of random MG cars (not just 4s) about 3 weeks ago - that transporter has still not arrived to date. So god knows whats going on - I think its a bit of a lottery when you're going to get your car.

Similar situation, ordered a Trophy orange at the end of september, always told 16 weeks probably early January. Update last week car not even built yet. Given how long it takes from factory to arrive in UK and then to dealership I'm not holding out much hope.

To reiterate (again) ... specific customer orders are not being processed by the factory until January 2023 at the earliest. (This is what Miles said on the last podcast). Anything arriving before then were/will be builds and allocations decided by MG China - if you're lucky then your specification requirement may match an allocation; if not then you're probably looking at March 2023 earliest for delivery of a specific customer order.

To reiterate (again) ... specific customer orders are not being processed by the factory until January 2023 at the earliest. (This is what Miles said on the last podcast). Anything arriving before then were/will be builds and allocations decided by MG China - if you're lucky then your specification requirement may match an allocation; if not then you're probably looking at March 2023 earliest for delivery of a specific customer order.
This has only dawned on me since reading these forums.

I've requested an SE LR, which if this forum is anything to go by would seem to be the least popular model with early adopters, so I'm not confident there are all that many being made / coming into the country.

I was told 10-12 weeks by MG Chorley 4 weeks ago, and when I requested an update last week I was told that was still the expectation. But I am not optimistic.

I just had confirmation from my dealer no car this year probably January. Grey trophy

He wished me merry Christmas

I just had confirmation from my dealer no car this year probably January. Grey trophy

He wished me merry Christmas
When did you order as I'm waiting for the same thing?

I only ordered on 25th November and had a call last week to say they're expecting it to arrive at the end of Feb.

I ordered first week in September and don't expect anything until back end of January at the earliest when they start processing orders instead of just building and shipping random models to random dealerships....unless we get lucky and our dealership gets an order match

Last edited:
I ordered mine at the end of September with a delivery date at the end of January. I had a message a couple of weeks ago saying it could be December but today the salesman told me there is still no definite delivery date yet.
I suspect it's shown up on their system but is stuck at Bristol docks.

Can we stick to MG4 on the MG4 forum please!!!!! Go to the Tesla forum if you want to talk about their deliveries....we want updates on MG4 deliveries and not any other manufacturer or method

update - there are no MG4 deliveries 😂 hence we are bored and wishing MG were like T***a!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back