MG4: The New Batch

We ordered in the last week of September and were told January, however, recently the dealer has been getting cars regularly and they’ve been saying we are in line if they get a colour/spec match allocated.

Ordered mine at the start of Oct. Red Trophy. Had a call today that it should be here by the end of this month. Hopefully before Xmas!
The same as I've ordered and was also told it could be here this month so it looks like there is a batch of red Trophy's waiting at the docks

Last edited:
Got the call from my dealer to say my Red MG4 Trophy has arrived, picking up at end of the week ordered 4th September. This will be the start of my EV journey as not had one before.
Enjoy it when it comes. A bit of a learning curve but great fun. The forums for EV's are a great source of knowledge and help so don't be afraid to ask what you may consider a silly question...I think all of us have had that T shirt at one time or another

Last edited:
When are you expecting your MG4 order? I believe you got a kinda, maybe from your dealership...

That is a very good question, I’m in the “my car is stuck at the port because all the HGV drivers went back to Europe after brexit” camp. Could be next week could be early January who knows!

When did you order as I'm waiting for the same thing?

I only ordered on 25th November and had a call last week to say they're expecting it to arrive at the end of Feb.
I ordered mine in September with possible delivery in December but now it's moved.

Dealership unable to specify what type cable is coming with the car, 2 or granny or both, can you tell me what mg4 type cable your getting in December?

Chorley Group have said it'll be a type 2 cable with mine in January. I've seen buyers report recieving one or the other though (rarely both).

Would you advise a tethered charger as it seems like the cable supplied with the car is on the short side.

Horses (see what I did there? ;)) for courses ... there probably isn't a tethered version of a granny cable anyway.

Did you get a Type 2 cable with your car? What length is it?

At home I have a tethered 7kW wall box with a 5m cable and that works fine for me.

Well for me the wait is over. I picked up My trophy in Black this morning and all seems well, No TPS issues …so far. No oil leak…..so far, no bulges underneath….so far. Nice granny charger but no mats or even a mug supplied, However, i can't get the sat nav to switch on, it says it needs permission from the app or in settings and i can't find out what to do anyone seen a thread on this?

Well for me the wait is over. I picked up My trophy in Black this morning and all seems well, No TPS issues …so far. No oil leak…..so far, no bulges underneath….so far. Nice granny charger but no mats or even a mug supplied, However, i can't get the sat nav to switch on, it says it needs permission from the app or in settings and i can't find out what to do anyone seen a thread on this?

Well I was told yesterday that my white SE SR has arrived! Ordered on 8th October and arrived on 6th December so bang on the 8 weeks I was originally told. Interesting…

For info, the car came without privacy glass and it came with a 3 pin granny charging cable. However, because I moaned ages ago I’m getting the showroom car which has the privacy glass. It has a type 2 cable with it but I’ve asked for the granny cable out of the car meant for me instead as I’ve not got my home charger yet.

Due to collect the car next week sometime, yay!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back