MG4 Trophy Phase 2 Red Order

Leaf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Ordered a MG3 Trophy LR in red on the 10th August, and given a ETA of 16th September. Just been told its current status is "On the Sea" but its ETA has been changed to the 14th October.

If its been built and sailing here, why a 5 week delay?

Ordered a MG3 Trophy LR in red on the 10th August, and given a ETA of 16th September. Just been told its current status is "On the Sea" but its ETA has been changed to the 14th October.

If its been built and sailing here, why a 5 week delay?
Probably because they just made up a random date when you ordered it

If it is at sea, it doesn't mean it is sailing directly here, the ship might still take weeks to reach these shores with other stops first.

It can take 3-4 weeks for a car arriving at a port to be ready for transport the dealer: there are various delays in ports including customs, labour shortages, PDI checks, driver shortages. Many people have seen 3-4 weeks delays at this poiint.

If it is at sea, it doesn't mean it is sailing directly here, the ship might still take weeks to reach these shores with other stops first.

It can take 3-4 weeks for a car arriving at a port to be ready for transport the dealer: there are various delays in ports including customs, labour shortages, PDI checks, driver shortages. Many people have seen 3-4 weeks delays at this poiint.
I've seen about 4 weeks delay already, yet others get there's early. Yes I've been checking out ships, they rarely if ever come straight here, but its easy enough to find out the stops. Its not the delay as such is the issue, although annoying, its the lack of honesty of some dealers. Some are good, but some tell you a story to seal a sale and then drop the delays later. I will judge my dealer come the end of the month, I understand things can go wrong.

I've seen about 4 weeks delay already, yet others get there's early. Yes I've been checking out ships, they rarely if ever come straight here, but its easy enough to find out the stops. Its not the delay as such is the issue, although annoying, its the lack of honesty of some dealers. Some are good, but some tell you a story to seal a sale and then drop the delays later. I will judge my dealer come the end of the month, I understand things can go wrong.
Yes, I agree, the dealer can't be sure when the car will arrive, so telling you the truth about what they do know beats an optimistic promise.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back