New MG4 Shipment?

I've just checked the forward movements of a few other vessels and I suspect mine is on DIVINE ACE as it left Jiangyin, China two days after Tusker told me it was "Released From Factory", but I could be wrong as that port is 8 hours from their factory.

The tracker for the vessel shows its on route to Belgium so it might actually be the 19th of March unfortunately.

The chances of mine being on Garnett Ace are slim to none as on the Tusker tracker showed "Released from Factory" on the 1st of March, but then again their tracker is awful.
I was told by Perry's that Tusker's status for an order is picked up from the system of the dealer who placed the order, so it's reliant on the dealers checking/updating status changes. Guess that means that Tusker status updates aren't consistent for everybody (mine shows 'awaiting build slot', though I've been told it's on a boat or will be soon)

I was told by Perry's that Tusker's status for an order is picked up from the system of the dealer who placed the order, so it's reliant on the dealers checking/updating status changes. Guess that means that Tusker status updates aren't consistent for everybody (mine shows 'awaiting build slot', though I've been told it's on a boat or will be soon)
I bypassed Tusker and emailed the dealer on the 2nd, got a reply on the 3rd saying it's on the way, whereas Tusker was still saying "Released From Factory". Apparently there's a "In Transit" or "On A Boat" update as well, Tusker just aren't very good with customer service imo.

Oh no, this is so not what you want or expect paying for a new item as expensive as a new vehicle, I do hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction and if not, walk away, there is a lot of choice these days, deserving of your hard earned cash.

it does not cast a positive light on the MG dealer network (obvious generalisation here) I think they need to improve or lose the advantage the positive initial press of the MG4 has provided.
So today we were finally able to collect and drive home in our MG4.

Dealer came good over the past couple of days whilst waiting for the car to be registered correctly, and thankfully used that time to ensure they had fixed the issues with the car prep including paintwork fixes/gloss area polish and swapping the passenger side door card in from another new car they will be using as their demo so we now have an unmarked one in our new car, (no doubt quicker solution than waiting for a replacement part)

Still not got our MG floor mats in it, but hopefully that will also be resolved soon.

Shame about the weather today though as now its covered in Snow!! 🥶

Had the call from my dealer today as well to say my Trophy ordered on 12 Nov is ready for collection so pickup is Saturday. Gave me the reg no so I could sort collection but then had a call about an hour later saying the reg would change as there'd been a small issue but the car would 100% be ready and he'd call back later with the details.
Got that call as promised and it turned out that they were less than impressed with the MG software update last month as the 200-odd cars they've had delivered over the past few weeks seemingly had their order numbers mixed up by MG so my name had been put down against an SE on their system which they knew was wrong and therefore the auto-generated Finance deal had the wrong car details attached. He said they're going to have to unravel the order details for each of those recent deliveries per MG's system and then try and match them up with the correct order before letting anything go. Not ideal when their forecourt is overrun with cars (I live round the corner and it's absolutely heaving with MG4s at the moment) and they are the base for Stoneacre fleet orders too so have extra vehicles to process. Not sure if it's just their dealership that's affected or it's a more nationwide thing.

Had the call from my dealer today as well to say my Trophy ordered on 12 Nov is ready for collection so pickup is Saturday. Gave me the reg no so I could sort collection but then had a call about an hour later saying the reg would change as there'd been a small issue but the car would 100% be ready and he'd call back later with the details.
Got that call as promised and it turned out that they were less than impressed with the MG software update last month as the 200-odd cars they've had delivered over the past few weeks seemingly had their order numbers mixed up by MG so my name had been put down against an SE on their system which they knew was wrong and therefore the auto-generated Finance deal had the wrong car details attached. He said they're going to have to unravel the order details for each of those recent deliveries per MG's system and then try and match them up with the correct order before letting anything go. Not ideal when their forecourt is overrun with cars (I live round the corner and it's absolutely heaving with MG4s at the moment) and they are the base for Stoneacre fleet orders too so have extra vehicles to process. Not sure if it's just their dealership that's affected or it's a more nationwide thing.
Stoneacre that's who I have ordered with hopefully sooner than 16 weeks then

Sounds like a similar couple of issues to what we experienced at dealership level with financing and registration of our car prior to collection last week. :rolleyes:

1678454542638.jpeg

Is my MG4 here? (It’s red!)

Ordered a white MG4 Trophy 24th November with a 16 week wait. Have not heard very much from the dealer, was told that I would hear when they heard anything. I was number 4 in the que for a white one.
I had requested to be put on the list for any colour except black.
Today I popped in to see the sales manager and was told my white one was at the port and vin number issued and hopefully they would receive it by end of March.
He mentioned that they had a black one and a red one in their pound that were unassigned so I asked to swap my white one for the red. I will pay for the premium colour and should be ready end of next week.
I am a very excited almost 70 year old and this will be my second EV.

Ordered a white MG4 Trophy 24th November with a 16 week wait. Have not heard very much from the dealer, was told that I would hear when they heard anything. I was number 4 in the que for a white one.
Today I popped in to see the sales manager and was told my white one was at the port and vin number issued and hopefully they would receive it by end of March.
He mentioned that they had a black one and a red one in their pound that were unassigned so I asked to swap my white one for the red. I will pay for the premium colour and should be ready end of next week.
Enjoy

That's encouraging. I ordered my red Trophy mid January and was quoted a 16 week wait.

And the saga continues with the end in sight. Ordered my Red MG4 Trophy at the end of September from Sandicliffe in Nottingham and give them their due I've had semi-regular updates. So far it's been built twice, on the docks in Shanghai twice and been on two boats.
Latest: It's waiting for transportation from the docks in the UK 😁

Last edited:
Hope you get your car without a problem. I'm an even older (70+) excited young man waiting for my car to arrive although getting increasingly frustrated by excuses and delays particularly as I ordered my Camden Grey Trophy back in October.

Reading on the forum of people getting cars they ordered in November and of dealers with unassigned cars makes me wonder about how cars are assigned to dealerships. My dealership (Parks Irvine) is part of a large group but despite telling me at the beginning of March that my car was in the UK, seem unable to give me a firm delivery date.

Let us know how you get on with your car.

Update to the update - IT MINE!!! 🤩

EDIT - On the way to the dealership, my salesman told me he'd seen the dual-motor version at HQ last week (Sadly, no photos allowed). No sunroof on the one he was shown, but MG have apparently added an Alcantara-type fabric to the interior trim. He says it will launch here in either May or June.

EDIT #2 - It's now time for the ceremonial changing of the "Driving" tag on my profile! ;)
Congratulations. Hope it all goes well for you. The AWD version sounds interesting and I could imagine trading up to the AWD version once we get it in the UK. that of course depends on whether I actually ever get my Trophy to trade up. The way things are going I might just be forgetting my order and buying the AWD.

I keep seeing references to "Tusker" from people trying to track their cars. What is (or are) Tusker?

I got the call guys! 😃 The car (white SE Long Range - ordered September 20th) is at the MG dealership in Perth. I’m not exactly sure when I’ll be picking it up (more details to come on Monday), but as long as it gets registered and I can sort out the paperwork in time, maybe next Saturday. 🤞I shall post photos hopefully soon. Even my wife is getting excited. Not about the car, but about charging it with our Zappi we had installed last year. 😅

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back