New MG4 Shipment?

On my drive today I passed by a vehicle carrier loaded with new MG4s on their way to dealers I believe. This was on the A14 westbound with just a few miles to Kettering, so I believe they are meant for some happy customers in West Midlands or the North West !!!
Edit: Colors, there were plenty of white, grey and atleast one black and one red. Sorry but no oranges...

Last edited:
On my drive today I passed by a vehicle carrier loaded with new MG4s on their way to dealers I believe. This was on the A14 westbound with just a few miles to Kettering, so I believe they are meant for some happy customers in West Midlands or the North West !!!
Edit: Colors, there were plenty of white, grey and atleast one black and one red. Sorry but no oranges...
FYI, BP just opened a large charging hub at Kettering.

I generally do a lot of my charging in Guildford and they tend to cost up to 12p (I think) was free. I believe they are subsidised by the council. Obviously, that doesn't include the cost of parking in the parking lot.

Had email from MG Chorley somewhat out of the blue to say they have the white SE LR we had on order at their premises. Ordered 2nd week of November and was expected within 12 weeks.

We have since ordered a Trophy elsewhere, expected delivery end of this month (Chorley had said we'd have to join back of queue and pay 2023 list price if we wanted to do that).

I've had an MG4 on order for a while (pre order through leasing company in November). It was meant to arrive late Feb/early March, but each time I speak to the dealer they tell me that the status is just saying 'built'. Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to arrive after being built?

Yes, a ton of cars in the UK being delivered in March. My dealer alone had 8 in the first week.

So far - touch wood - there has not been a significant uptick of issues reported on these forums, suggesting that the quality of more recent cars is better. However, probably too soon to be sure about that.
We find the lane keep assist is too aggressive still. But find the auto hold is better than our previous Hyundai. The traffic jam assist we tried out today works brilliantly too. Very pleased so far! 😁

Picking up the new car this coming Saturday! Looking forward to taking it for a decent drive back home. I took out insurance through the AA and before extra add ons, it came to about £265 which I thought was not too bad.

@Ian Marland Any word about your car, yet, Ian?
Good stuff glad it's finally here, that's some wait since the end of September 👍
Let me know when you fancy a wee drag race😉

Good stuff glad it's finally here, that's some wait since the end of September 👍
Let me know when you fancy a wee drag race😉
Yeah, it’ll be almost exactly half a year since I put down the deposit. Yes, we shall have to meet up soon! Hopefully during Easter, if you’re free.

Picking up the new car this coming Saturday! Looking forward to taking it for a decent drive back home. I took out insurance through the AA and before extra add ons, it came to about £265 which I thought was not too bad.

@Ian Marland Any word about your car, yet, Ian?
Nothing yet, going to call tomorrow, sent an email Monday so I had it in writing but Graham hasn’t replied.

Nothing yet, going to call tomorrow, sent an email Monday so I had it in writing but Graham hasn’t replied.
Yeah, he needs a bit of prompting from Sarah the receptionist from time to time. It was Sarah who was able to get me the registration number, so I could get the car insured. Might be worth talking to her and or Cameron as well as Graham to get the ball rolling.

Yeah, he needs a bit of prompting from Sarah the receptionist from time to time. It was Sarah who was able to get me the registration number, so I could get the car insured. Might be worth talking to her and or Cameron as well as Graham to get the ball rolling.
Well phoned up this morning and Graham wasn't available, but spoke to another Graham, who said he would check on the latest on my car, but you can guess, still waiting for a call back!!! :mad:

Well phoned up this morning and Graham wasn't available, but spoke to another Graham, who said he would check on the latest on my car, but you can guess, still waiting for a call back!!! :mad:
I placed my order with Perth, prior to cancelling, as much as they were all quite likeable, I had zero contact instigated by them in near 3 months I had my order with them, all contact had to be made by me

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 483 78.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back