New MG4 Shipment?

I got the call guys! 😃 The car (white SE Long Range - ordered September 20th) is at the MG dealership in Perth. I’m not exactly sure when I’ll be picking it up (more details to come on Monday), but as long as it gets registered and I can sort out the paperwork in time, maybe next Saturday. 🤞I shall post photos hopefully soon. Even my wife is getting excited. Not about the car, but about charging it with our Zappi we had installed last year. 😅
Have a look next week, to see if they have a white Trophy in….😉

Have a look next week, to see if they have a white Trophy in….😉
Cameron (he’s helping out while Graham has been away. Graham should be back on Monday.) told me that as they’ve had such a large delivery of MG4s, they’ve had to store them at a separate compound. It might be worth giving them a ring and asking if it’s arrived, Ian.

Yeah, 3 weeks sounds right.
However, mine was locked in the dealer's storage yard for an extra week or 10 days due to the dealer software thing.
Happily, that meant my car was eligible for a 23 plate by the time I could collect it.
Yes, I meant 3 weeks having taken off the registration system and new plate delay.

Despite my car being in the UK my dealer still can't give me a firm delivery date. I suspect that the volume of cars arriving in the last four weeks is overwhelming the logistic capacity of many dealers. As mine said last week, "I'm expecting nearly 100 cars, I'm not sure how I am going to charge them let alone where I can store them". Add to that the PID process for each car and you can see how a backlog is created. Despite assurances that my car will be delivered soon I'm not betting on it.

Yes, a ton of cars in the UK being delivered in March. My dealer alone had 8 in the first week.

So far - touch wood - there has not been a significant uptick of issues reported on these forums, suggesting that the quality of more recent cars is better. However, probably too soon to be sure about that.

My dealer was telling me that they don't charge cars full or fill the fuel tank. They only give enough charge or Fuel for about 30-40 miles. Basically to get they buyer somewhere that they can fill the car up themselves.

Is that now common with dealers?

When I bought my Nissan Leaf, they charged the car full. And allowed me to use their charger for free to charge my Nissan if I needed to. Well, at most once a week.

My dealer was telling me that they don't charge cars full or fill the fuel tank. They only give enough charge or Fuel for about 30-40 miles. Basically to get they buyer somewhere that they can fill the car up themselves.

When I bought my Nissan Leaf, they charged the car full. And allowed me to use their charger for free to charge my Nissan if I needed to. Well, at most once a week.
Mine offered a full charge, but since they're less than 10 miles from home, where I already have a charger, I told them that just throwing it on charge during the PDI would be enough.

Yes, a ton of cars in the UK being delivered in March. My dealer alone had 8 in the first week.

So far - touch wood - there has not been a significant uptick of issues reported on these forums, suggesting that the quality of more recent cars is better. However, probably too soon to be sure about that.
Yes, it would be nice to think that some of the more common issues mentioned on the forum will have been sorted on the new cars. Not going to hold my breath though.

Did you pick up your car? How is it? Make me jealous whilst I wait for mine.
Last Monday. No issues (yet) beyond the need to kill LKA every time I start it.
Pic there ⬇️

Last Monday. No issues (yet) beyond the need to kill LKA every time I start it.
Pic there ⬇️
Yea, The LKA drove me nuts when I test-drove it in October. I live very rural with tiny narrow roads and the LKA was VERY confused. Hope you enjoy the car.

@Pianoman please please please can you send link for car seat covers just picked my se lr Holborn blue and am having difficulty trynna find what you’ve ordered

I’ve typed in Rossini car set covers and it’s showing me pictures of vans confused.com lol

No, the common thing until now has been a full or nearly full charge. Mine came with 95%.

However, with increasing electric costs and limited charge points at dealerships and far more MG4s coming through, I expect a lot more dealers will be telling people to fill up themselves.

ICE cars tend not to have a full tank on collection (unless you've paid - or agreed - for that as part of the purchase). Expecting an EV to have a full "tank" is optimistic, but I'd anticipate a minimum 30% charge.

As it happens mine was pretty much fully charged though. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 488 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back