• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New MG4 Shipment?

The number of issues isn't increasing, in fact it is slowing down as there have been few new notable ones. The number of people with MG4s is dramatically growing, that's why you see more reports.
In the last couple of weeks there seems to be fewer new owners complaining about the oil leak although some of the ones from the initial shipments are still waiting for the new breather to be fitted for various reasons, and no-one has reported getting locked in after the update.
The problems with the infotainment screen also appear to be diminishing although the LKA and Collision Avoidance still needs work.
But there again my glass is half full and my world has a rose tint to it :)

Last edited:
In the last couple of weeks there seems to be fewer new owners complaining about the oil leak although some of the ones from the initial shipments are still waiting for the new breather to be fitted for various reasons, and no-one has reported getting locked in after the update.
The problems with the infotainment screen also appear to be diminishing although the LKA and Collision Avoidance still needs work.
Exactly. This is why I am extremely positive about the MG4 despite the issues. It is a great design and almost a great product, just needing these things sorting out.

No intention here to switch and there's nothing that compares on price, despite what some have said.

If they could sort out a positive dealer manufacturer interaction experience then I totally agree as the two SE cars can't be beaten, currently nothing for sale in the UK that gets close in terms of value, size, range.

Ordered my Grey Trophy 11 Oct, I get informed by the dealer last thing Friday afternoon that they have the car but I have to pay for it on Tuesday as they have to register it before month end. I can't pay them from my savings account so I have to transfer money to my current account (building society to bank) I explain that getting the funds cleared to pay them on Tuesday probably ain't going to happen, they say MG insist they must have payment and register by Tuesday or I lose the car and it has to become a demonstrator which they don't really want. My wife has kindly bailed me out as she can do a bank transfer tomorrow. So I can collect anytime after Tuesday. Phew! Dealer was very apologetic and said unfortunately it's "the men in suits at MG".

Ordered my Grey Trophy 11 Oct, I get informed by the dealer last thing Friday afternoon that they have the car but I have to pay for it on Tuesday as they have to register it before month end. I can't pay them from my savings account so I have to transfer money to my current account (building society to bank) I explain that getting the funds cleared to pay them on Tuesday probably ain't going to happen, they say MG insist they must have payment and register by Tuesday or I lose the car and it has to become a demonstrator which they don't really want. My wife has kindly bailed me out as she can do a bank transfer tomorrow. So I can collect anytime after Tuesday. Phew! Dealer was very apologetic and said unfortunately it's "the men in suits at MG".
Great news on getting the car, but you’d think MG could be a bit more flexible in receiving payment, wouldn’t you? What’s the rush to get it registered by the end of January, do you know?

Great news on getting the car, but you’d think MG could be a bit more flexible in receiving payment, wouldn’t you? What’s the rush to get it registered by the end of January, do you know?
Yeah that's what I said but it wasn't the dealers fault, they were supposed to receive the car on the 23rd but it turned up just before they closed on Friday. MG insist it is registered and payed for month end !

If they could sort out a positive dealer manufacturer interaction experience then I totally agree as the two SE cars can't be beaten, currently nothing for sale in the UK that gets close in terms of value, size, range.
The issue that I have with the SE is no heated seats or parking camera - no sat nav.
In particular heated seats should be an absolute standard these days - especially on an EV. Sat nav perhaps - people will say well use AA or CP - but it should have sat nav as standard really. It does sit at the sweet spot for value though.

The issue that I have with the SE is no heated seats or parking camera - no sat nav.
In particular heated seats should be an absolute standard these days - especially on an EV. Sat nav perhaps - people will say well use AA or CP - but it should have sat nav as standard really. It does sit at the sweet spot for value though.
I had the Trophy because I was used to having even more toys on my Ioniq. You get used to having everything.

Agreed. We were all set to order an SE LR but when it came to it we decided that we really wanted heated seats having had them in our old BMW i3. So, although it isn't such good value, we went for a Trophy. Every cold day we go out in it we say how glad we are that we did it and we don't regret it for a moment. I'm now also addicted to heated steering wheels!

the software system needs updating (will take 2 weeks he said) so they are rushing out all the cars they can, i am in the same boat, scrambling aroung trying to sell my 2018 zoe battery owned, a week ago he did say it was hyundai doing the software, it look like both of them are doing some sort of stuff in feburary with software, so are pushing out as much as they can before the 1st.

Had fun being sent to webuyanycar, uhh it is battery leased zoe, no i said, then the computer said £965 for it, area manager could push it up to £4600, since bca has not had any of the battery owned in for auction. Gave me a nice laugh :p

I would say leave out any satnav and give us a good throughway for using your phone for satnav in the car, then there is no problems with outdated maps, and you can use any satnav you think is the best. zoe came with tomtom subscription that lasted 3 years for live update then you had to pay for it, and still have to manual update the maps.

Shh

People will have nothing to whinge about and everyone will stop posting 😀

Almost certainly sales targets. I suspect the dealer was BS ing and dealers often get a better buy in price from the manufacturer if they hit sales targets. Its why you see pre reg cars (counted as sold) and why they are desperate to register it

Heated seats are important with cold leather, less so with fabric.

I looked at what the extra £3k got you apart from more tricky software based features and decided that none were a deal breaker to spend £3k on.

My current car has satnav - and i still use ACP instead with google maps. You can point to exactly where you want to go rather than a vague post code and google can see where all the jams are and re route you.

Shh

People will have nothing to whinge about and everyone will stop posting 😀
Are you sure you live in England?
Nothing to whinge about?
What about the weather, the French, beer, cheese and onion crisps.........
Even if the MG4 was perfect (I know,pie in the sky) we'd moan it was too good :ROFLMAO:

Have to disagree with you about heated seats. The SE is quite clearly the base model and one I have chosen to buy on the basis of affordability and value for money.
If people do want to be cosseted with having their backside warmed up, they can choose the Trophy version.

Have to disagree with you about heated seats. The SE is quite clearly the base model and one I have chosen to buy on the basis of affordability and value for money.
If people do want to be cosseted with having their backside warmed up, they can choose the Trophy version.
He is coming at this from an efficiency angle, if your EV has heated seats you don't have to have your main fan heater on, as that impacts range more than the electric seat.

Or battery-powered underpants! 🤣

Understood. Not that it read that way.
Certainly how it read to me, he mentioned the other bits of kit and then stressed the importance of heated seats for and EV.

Yeah that's what I said but it wasn't the dealers fault, they were supposed to receive the car on the 23rd but it turned up just before they closed on Friday. MG insist it is registered and payed for month end !
This may have something to do with MG's vehicle registration system being replaced in February, and hence not available for 2 weeks!

This may have something to do with MG's vehicle registration system being replaced in February, and hence not available for 2 weeks!
I think that it’s more likely to do with quotas and not getting fined!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back