New MG4 Shipment?

Agreed - I picked mine up yesterday and the AA cover is prearranged, the dealer provided an MG Assistance card as part of the handover. I checked with them afterwards and it is completely automatic.
We picked ours up yesterday and the AA wasn’t mentioned or included. This is the first we’ve heard it mentioned.

I have a order from september in Norway (mg4 luxury, Volcano Orange) and dealer dont know anything about the order when my car is arriving.. if its build or delayed.. NO updates at all..
Is the delay for new orders or all orders in Vulcano Orange?
Every times I call him he dont know nothing. seams like the mission for the dealer is to sell most cars and give the fudge about the customers. in the order it says delivery Q1-23 (end of this month) but I dont think much it will happend since they gonna mount roof-rack, cross-bar and fix coating.
You can't mount a roof rack on the mg4

Not in the UK yet!!!

Went to collect our MG4 today, and after just under four hours at the dealership, we left without the car!

Whole litany of issues at dealer level between financing in the run up (dealer issue not ours which had been sorted yesterday to our satisfaction), and today a registration issue meaning we couldn't take the car away on the plates it was wearing (dealership/dvla mess up)

Add to that when we got to view the car there was a clear lack of care or preparation, must have just been done in a hurry as covered in water marks/drips and had literally still got sand/dirt in several areas around the car, (especially gathered inside openings such as the bonnet/boot),

Obvious damage to interior door cards (deep scratches in several places high up on the ledge that would stand out to anyone taking even a cursory glance), 3/4" dull abrasions in bonnet paintwork that were obvious to the naked eye and you can feel with your finger, and the bonnet/bumper shut line had to be adjusted due to obvious protrusion on one side.

Gloss plastics were in a sorry state, literally look like they'd taken a scourer to them, and when further inspecting the exterior plastics, the passenger side rear light cluster has an obvious scruffy edge/chip in the plastic towards the middle on the upper edge where it meets the rear qtr body work. Although bizarrely this seems like a factory or tooling thing as every new example of the MG4 I could find in the dealership forecourt had the same thing with the light cluster to some extent, some worse than others (ours was mid tier in terms of obviousness) but all in roughly the same place.

Then a lack of agreed extras for handover e.g. lack of full charge on collection (had to be stuck on the nearest rapid one for best part of 1hr as it was on sub 15%), lack of interior mats supplied with it (no date for their delivery) despite them having 4.5 months to get them in already.

Not sure when we will actually be taking possession of the car now, as whilst its really the registration issue that prohibited us from leaving in it today, (with an appointment to return it for the other rectification works at a later date), we may just insist all those are sorted before we actually take it away.

Seat puckering was evident throughout but nothing as extreme as some others have posted here so probably not worth complaining about.

Oh and no modified breather fitted from what I can see, (although dealer acknowledges the problem in early cars and that level checks should and will have been done now to mitigate this) but given the others issues mentioned above, i'm inclined to think we'll be discovering this MG4 feature with our car sooner rather than later!

I phoned Perth MG this afternoon and spoke with Mike as Graham is on holiday until next week. Mike said the ship my car is on is expected in port around March 20th, so I’m guessing that’ll be an April delivery once it goes through PDI. I continue to wait patiently. I didn’t think I’d be waiting over half a year though.
That happened to me too… 😖

Quick walk around Portbury, lots of cars now gone, car park empty compared to last piccy, but there are still a lot of MG4s awaiting delivery to dealers
I see two red Trophies there. My dealer called last month to say the car would be arriving on 28 February and be with me early-mid March. Have emailed but no reply. I was rather hoping one of those cars might be mine.

+++ UPDATE +++
My dealer is on his way to pick me up from home and take me to the dealership to collect (and pay for) my car right now!
(The reason for this is that I sold my Zoe privately last Thursday, and there's no bus service that goes past the dealership)
giphy.gif

Last edited:
+++ UPDATE +++
My dealer is on his way to pick me up from home and take me to the dealership to collect (and pay for) my car right now!
(The reason for this is that I sold my Zoe privately last Thursday, and there's no bus service that goes past the dealership)
giphy.gif

Excellent news. US Office memes also always appreciated.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the A2A wireless android auto adapter too.

+++ UPDATE +++
giphy.gif
Best of luck. Hope everything goes well. Still waiting for my dealer to update me.

+++ UPDATE +++
giphy.gif
Nice touch 👌

Went to collect our MG4 today, and after just under four hours at the dealership, we left without the car!

Whole litany of issues at dealer level between financing in the run up (dealer issue not ours which had been sorted yesterday to our satisfaction), and today a registration issue meaning we couldn't take the car away on the plates it was wearing (dealership/dvla mess up)

Add to that when we got to view the car there was a clear lack of care or preparation, must have just been done in a hurry as covered in water marks/drips and had literally still got sand/dirt in several areas around the car, (especially gathered inside openings such as the bonnet/boot),

Obvious damage to interior door cards (deep scratches in several places high up on the ledge that would stand out to anyone taking even a cursory glance), 3/4" dull abrasions in bonnet paintwork that were obvious to the naked eye and you can feel with your finger, and the bonnet/bumper shut line had to be adjusted due to obvious protrusion on one side.

Gloss plastics were in a sorry state, literally look like they'd taken a scourer to them, and when further inspecting the exterior plastics, the passenger side rear light cluster has an obvious scruffy edge/chip in the plastic towards the middle on the upper edge where it meets the rear qtr body work. Although bizarrely this seems like a factory or tooling thing as every new example of the MG4 I could find in the dealership forecourt had the same thing with the light cluster to some extent, some worse than others (ours was mid tier in terms of obviousness) but all in roughly the same place.

Then a lack of agreed extras for handover e.g. lack of full charge on collection (had to be stuck on the nearest rapid one for best part of 1hr as it was on sub 15%), lack of interior mats supplied with it (no date for their delivery) despite them having 4.5 months to get them in already.

Not sure when we will actually be taking possession of the car now, as whilst its really the registration issue that prohibited us from leaving in it today, (with an appointment to return it for the other rectification works at a later date), we may just insist all those are sorted before we actually take it away.

Seat puckering was evident throughout but nothing as extreme as some others have posted here so probably not worth complaining about.

Oh and no modified breather fitted from what I can see, (although dealer acknowledges the problem in early cars and that level checks should and will have been done now to mitigate this) but given the others issues mentioned above, i'm inclined to think we'll be discovering this MG4 feature with our car sooner rather than later!
Oh no, this is so not what you want or expect paying for a new item as expensive as a new vehicle, I do hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction and if not, walk away, there is a lot of choice these days, deserving of your hard earned cash.

it does not cast a positive light on the MG dealer network (obvious generalisation here) I think they need to improve or lose the advantage the positive initial press of the MG4 has provided.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back