Positive Vibes for the MG4

I think the last comment that I made was absolutely brilliant. Just thought you should all know what a great chap I am! 😉
Nah. What's probably happened is he's tried to reply and not realised he might have hit quote under his last post.

I sometimes have the last thing I post show up when I'm trying to reply. Especially if I quoted someone else and have to delete it so I don't appear that way.

Cut Buster some slack lol

Do you realise that you actually quoted yourself - and replied to it? ;)
Ah. But I did remember not to like it...

Nah. What's probably happened is he's tried to reply and not realised he might have hit quote under his last post.

I sometimes have the last thing I post show up when I'm trying to reply. Especially if I quoted someone else and have to delete it so I don't appear that way.

Cut Buster some slack lol
Thanks my friend.

I am getting worried as I have had no problems really with my 4 - is this unusual? (Only some wind noise on the drivers door over 50 mph -which can wait until its first service in July 2024)
Same here. Mine was delivered in November 2022 and aside from the footrest failing, which was fixed at the last service, I find the car to be spot on. We've owned 8 different EV's and a Tesla Model 3 on long term loan and I would say the MG4 is top of the pile for my use case, which involves a lot of 370 mile+ journeys in a day, primarily on motorways. I have covered almost 15,000 miles from new and aside from the odd one or two niggles, which every car has, I am very happy with my MG4.

I have had mine since 9th Sept, I enjoy the drive and KWH challenge, trying to get the average figure as high as possible 😂😂😂 The drive for me is the best thing. It’s the best and easiest driving car I have ever had and my first EV. I won’t be going back to ICE ever. The drive is so good I don’t mind picking up a collection takeaway or going for cold and flu medicine for my poorly gf. I am fortunate to have free charging at work so the only time I go to the petrol station is to pick up some bog roll because of the curry I had the night before and my guts are feeling wrong.
The downside is people are now copying me at work and are ordering them. Sad pathetic little worms 🪱 🙄😂

Last edited:
Had mine for three weeks, no probs at all, can’t see what some are moaning about, don’t get taken in by it all. I’ve had niggles with every new car I have bought anyway. It all works as it should… mechanically, driving features, charging, infotainment, satnav, carplay (with EVERY cable I have), really enjoyable drive, running costs WAY down on my very efficient petrol Mazda 3, great drive, granny charger gets to 80% around 2am from 40ish % which is easily good enough for now until I get an Ohme installed. Range (trophy LR) easily good enough, even in winter, as you should be taking a break every couple of hours or so anyway…. Regarding the negativity, rather than post with moaning some people really should rtfm (manufacturer one and the useful indi one you can download on this forum), get to know and understand the car and not believe others just because they sound as though they know it all, quite often they are talking out of their **^!se

Last edited:
The fast charging on the Essence (Trophy), who wouldn't like 141 kW to around 50% and a decent 73kW thereafter?

And the drive...

Yep the drive would be up there definitely.

I love how easy it is to drive, especially coming from a manual- automatic with just 1 gear and loads of technology like adaptive cruise control, regeneration braking, blind spot monitoring (dare I say lane assist).. all make it so smooth and relaxing to drive on longer journeys and in traffic around town. And if you want to engage and push it harder it's also really quite fun, especially for a practical car!

And v2l is a nice feature even most tesla don't have yet.

I have had mine since 9th Sept, I enjoy the drive and KWH challenge, trying to get the average figure as high as possible 😂😂😂 The drive for me is the best thing. It’s the best and easiest driving car I have ever had and my first EV. I won’t be going back to ICE ever. The drive is so good I don’t mind picking up a collection takeaway or going for cold and flu medicine for my poorly gf. I am fortunate to have free charging at work so the only time I go to the petrol station is to pick up some bog roll because of the curry I had the night before and my guts are feeling wrong.
The downside is people are now copying me at work and are ordering them. Sad pathetic little worms 🪱 🙄😂
I have had mine for 11 months and like so many, really enjoy driving it. Way way better than anything I have previously owned, mainly Ford Focus and Fiesta.
And I still really like the way it looks. Very attractive design. And so far, rock solid reliability.

I have an x-power covered around 2k miles in it so far. Travelled down to Devon where my Dad lives from Cambridgeshire....driven on most road types and conditions...Not had one single issue....leave everything on every journey with the exception of LKA if im in Devon or in the deepest Fens... love the drive .....love the colour ....can't agree with a lot of comments I read ....infotainment system sounds OK...MG desperately need to release their ap into the wild with more thorough testing ...auto headlights switch is easy to hit when selecting main beam...other than that ...I'm a happy bunny

Attachments

• PCIMG_2023-12-26_23-13-04.JPG
    PCIMG_2023-12-26_23-13-04.JPG
    970.9 KB · Views: 37
Same here. Mine was delivered in November 2022 and aside from the footrest failing, which was fixed at the last service, I find the car to be spot on. We've owned 8 different EV's and a Tesla Model 3 on long term loan and I would say the MG4 is top of the pile for my use case, which involves a lot of 370 mile+ journeys in a day, primarily on motorways. I have covered almost 15,000 miles from new and aside from the odd one or two niggles, which every car has, I am very happy with my MG4.
Hi Adiel,
You mentioned that your foot rest failed on you well this happened to mine after just 800 miles of owning mine and it has been nearly 2 months now with still no reply from MG if this is covered under their warranty or not? I've even started a separate post about failing foot rests as it appears I am not alone :rolleyes:
As a matter of interest what did your local dealer say when you told them the foot rest had broken.
My local dealer basically told me that they have not heard this ever happening before but clearly something is going wrong somewhere... It starts with a squeak and then BOSH!!! - The beautiful foot rest is no longer :)

There are so many issues posted on the forum, which is generally why people come to a forum to find help, but we need some balance and positivity about the car that so many of us have on order. It can't all be bad. So owners, please can you share the one thing that has pleasantly surprised you or that you love most about your car. A thread of joy please 🙂

Edit: Or share as many good things as you want. Let's get the excitement back for the MG4!
I'll admit I didn't like the driving software, until today.

75 km/h in a 110km/h zone in pouring conditions with very limited visibility.

I set the car in ACC, eco, high regen and with the radar set to the maximum 3 bars.

The traffic was constantly changing speed on a 3 lane highway, the car performed beautifully, kept me well away from the cars in front, applied brakes early etc.

It made the drive fell a whole lot less stressful then it would have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 471 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel