So disappointed, just completed a 170 mile round trip. Started with 100% now down to 20%. In summer I would get a range close to 300 not the 200 miles of today. Is this normal?
That's very good for a SR, which your description says you have, I don't get much more with my LR.

Obvious benefit of an ER = with conservative driving I can manage 3.4-3.5 per kWH, giving me 240 miles with some reserve.
Your description says you are not driving an MG - does it need updating?

So disappointed, just completed a 170 mile round trip. Started with 100% now down to 20%. In summer I would get a range close to 300 not the 200 miles of today. Is this normal?
I have never ever got a real range over 200 miles in my SE SR - even during the hottest days of summer. If you're getting 200 miles right now in this cold weather then I suspect you've got an SE LR rather than an SE SR.

Yeah, check you have the right car in your profile. I wouldn't be doing a 170-mile round trip in my SR in summer probably, although I do have a rather heavy right foot. My GOM range at the moment is generally in the 160s, and I saw 150 a few weeks ago after some fast driving on a cold day.

In summer my GOM range tends to be around 190-220 miles depending on the way I've been driving.

I knew about this when I bought the car, because I remember asking the salesman whether it would do a 100-mile round trip at fairly fast speeds in the depths of winter with the heating on and being told yes.

It's slightly odd because if you have an LR (as would seem to be the case) that is an NMC battery and as far as I know they are not so affected by cold as the LFP SR battery. I wouldn't have thought the LR would lose quite so much range as that. Though if you were driving fast on that trip it could explain it.

First winter with my SR and it dropped dramatically on the GOM from 220 + to about 170. I did expect it to drop, but not that much. Still doesn’t matter as a school run is only 1 mile

I'm not sure how I knew about this before test-driving and ordering my car. I only started watching EV videos in the evening of 31st March and I ordered the car on 8th April. But I was clued-up enough to ask the dealer if it would do a 100-mile round trip at -10C with the heating going full blast at motorway speeds!

Yeah, check you have the right car in your profile. I wouldn't be doing a 170-mile round trip in my SR in summer probably, although I do have a rather heavy right foot. My GOM range at the moment is generally in the 160s, and I saw 150 a few weeks ago after some fast driving on a cold day.

In summer my GOM range tends to be around 190-220 miles depending on the way I've been driving.

I knew about this when I bought the car, because I remember asking the salesman whether it would do a 100-mile round trip at fairly fast speeds in the depths of winter with the heating on and being told yes.

It's slightly odd because if you have an LR (as would seem to be the case) that is an NMC battery and as far as I know they are not so affected by cold as the LFP SR battery. I wouldn't have thought the LR would lose quite so much range as that. Though if you were driving fast on that trip it could explain it.
I would say my LR is about 0.5-0.8miles per kw down on usual. Typically getting 2.7 ish rather than 3.5-3.7

Thought I was the only one. Got my MG ZS EV LR last year and winter I got about 290 this year I'm struggling to get 240 I'd even argue if I'm getting that. Currently 65% battery with 145miles left

I'm expecting about 50% 'expected' range in very cold conditions, especially when making a lot of short journeys. It's reality, I can live with it.

I adjust the car to ECO every trip and it certainly improves the mi/kWh. I don't want to quote figures but it's quite noticeable. It has to be done each time I drive off but it only takes a second. I set the greetings message to remind me. I haven't noticed in any performance difference, driving steadily in wintery conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
My SR ZS had 114 estimated miles left last night, with 63% battery left. Driven in Normal mode and with Auto heating and heated seats ON.
Put on charge and it needed 20.2 kWh of energy to take it up to 100%.

The display shows an estimated 2.2 mi/kWh. The average summer readings was 3.7.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Lr Gom is stating 191miles with 97% charge. It seems to have lost 90+ miles. Has anyone else got this issue? I know it a guessometer but that’s a significant drop

Oops should have read the thread properly as that is about a 30% drop. 🤬winter🤬

It is just an estimate but losing 30% in winter is normal, which is exactly what a reduction from 281 to 195ish would be.

Edit - ah this crossed over with your post above. Yes, winter has a big effect.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back