Tesla Supercharger Issue MG5 LR

Mine goes in for its second service next week and I know, following some slight "pressure" from me (and the fact I am a long-time client of the particular dealership), that the workshop manager has been "researching" this with MG to ensure that "everything is up to date" on the car.

The "pressure" was me referring the manager to the posts earlier in this thread (where members report what they had been told, either directly by MG or by their dealership) and "asking" that he "contact MG"

My understanding of this specific issue of Tesla Superchargers is that MGUK consider the upgrade to be "optional", so not "required" and thus not something for a "recall". As others have pointed out, this seems remarkably short-sighted!
@Les burrows , @Miles Roberts CG would you be able to comment on this. I am sure from the podcast and earlier comments in this thread MGUK have confirmed this is not chargeable.

Just booked mine in for its second service and the dealer has had no notification of any software updates for my model (pre-facelift MG5, registered 22). It's disappointing, but about what I expected.
Hi Jim there is a update available for LR models of the MG5, so I thank you need to push than a little harder and if you look back in this thread you will find several here who have had the update to the EVCC to enable the MG5 LR and the facelifted models to charge on Tesla superchargers there is a copy of the e-mail which Miles Robert’s from Chorley Group which is my MG dealer also is in this thread #472 so they your dealer is wrong I can assure you.
Les

Mine is going in on Monday so that doesn't look promising :(
Hi I have just replied to Jim D and for got to include you sorry about that so see my post above this to Jim D
Les

@Les burrows , @Miles Roberts CG would you be able to comment on this. I am sure from the podcast and earlier comments in this thread MGUK have confirmed this is not chargeable.
That’s is correct simorgan42 to you the owner and the dealer can recover any cost from MG see #472
Les

It's a shame we couldn't just update the software/firmware ourselves.... or perhaps an update is released over the air.

Mine is booked in for this Friday so hopefully I will be able to use the Tesla chargers 🤞
Mines going the day before so Thursday 21st so hopefully be tested very soon after.
Les

Do feed back how it goes. Are they doing it under warranty as previously mentioned in this thread?
Mine is definitely being done free of charge.
Les

Mine goes in for its second service next week and I know, following some slight "pressure" from me (and the fact I am a long-time client of the particular dealership), that the workshop manager has been "researching" this with MG to ensure that "everything is up to date" on the car.

The "pressure" was me referring the manager to the posts earlier in this thread (where members report what they had been told, either directly by MG or by their dealership) and "asking" that he "contact MG"

My understanding of this specific issue of Tesla Superchargers is that MGUK consider the upgrade to be "optional", so not "required" and thus not something for a "recall". As others have pointed out, this seems remarkably short-sighted!
Exactly as was told at my service today . The car doesn't charge ..not a fault . :poop:

Only found this thread today - my dealer mentioned that the update wasn’t confirmed by MG to fix the Tesla charging issue, but I’ve got my pre-FL LR booked in for early June anyway. Just in time for summer holiday driving.

Only found this thread today - my dealer mentioned that the update wasn’t confirmed by MG to fix the Tesla charging issue, but I’ve got my pre-FL LR booked in for early June anyway. Just in time for summer holiday driving.
I think the updates were released late January 24, 10 days after I picked mine up🤣🤣🤣

Booked mine in for May. Dealer was fully conversant with latest updates & Tesla update issue.

Has anybody had the update done at Luscombes in Leeds ?

I wonder if it's worth while either here or in a new thread posting the names of the dealers that have done the update and those that are aware of the issue and fix and happy to do it and also those that seem unwilling / unknowing.

Has anybody had the update done at Luscombes in Leeds ?

I wonder if it's worth while either here or in a new thread posting the names of the dealers that have done the update and those that are aware of the issue and fix and happy to do it and also those that seem unwilling / unknowing.
Gomev seems a good shout. To me mate.
Les

Hi Biffo I was sorting my inboxes this morning and came across this for my dealer from 06/02/24 ignore the bit about the MG4 in the email screenshot that’s a different matter my MG5 trophy goes in tomorrow to be updated I hope. Also up thread at #522 there is more information show it to your dealer.
IMG_6751.png
Les

Last edited:
Hi Biffo I was sorting my inboxes this morning and came across this for my dealer from 06/02/24 ignore the bit about the MG4 in the email screenshot that’s a different matter my MG5 trophy goes in tomorrow to be updated I hope. Also up thread at #522 there is more information show it to your dealer.
View attachment 24947
Les
My pre Fl LR is booked in for its 2nd service at Crayford & Abbs on Monday. I'll ask them to do the update and let you know how it goes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom