Tesla Supercharger Tip (Trafford Centre)

I own two fleet cards from two oil majors.
In one of them I have a preferential rate.
Neither can match the Tesla prices, at best they charge slower and still cost me an extra 10%.
And let’s not forget: the Tesla prices are inclusive of VAT and have no extra and/or hidden fees, and you get a real time report of how much you are paying.

Tesla have just added some new v4 superchargers (open to all CCS) at Trentham Stoke-on-Trent United Kingdom ST4 8JG (M6 J15)
Yeah - There has been some Tesla superchargers there for a while now.
I wonder if they have added more units as space was limited, or switched out some of the older units for the V4 units ?.
They are easy to find as they are very close to the entrance at Trentham Gardens.
As you leave the roundabout and pull into the car park, they are just there on the right hand side.

Yeah - There has been some Tesla superchargers there for a while now.
I wonder if they have added more units as space was limited, or switched out some of the older units for the V4 units ?.
They are easy to find as they are very close to the entrance at Trentham Gardens.
As you leave the roundabout and pull into the car park, they are just there on the right hand side.
The v4s are additional units. We've been following this sort of thing over on SpeakEV.

Last edited:
Not at Ruxley! I got the message on the app when there were only two cars there, out of a possible 12 (I think). I agree that what you propose would be reasonable, but evidently Tesla needs our money. They only sold 466,140 cars in Q2 2023.
If you don't agree with their terms, don't use them👌, you wouldn't leave your car at a ⛽ blocking it for others, so why at ev points 🤔, and if it's "too quick" then go to a BP 50kW 😂😂😂, good look with that. 👍

Yes its
8 x V3 + 10 x V4 250 kW
First mixed V3/V4 UK Supercharger

They are working on nearly 100 sites (many motorway sites, in collaboration with Gridserve) : https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/uk-and-ireland-supercharger-site-news.91118/ across the UK, with many V4 going forward

... now on Tesla map as open to non-tesla

I'm still not seeing anything in Scotland. There are very few Tesla sites anyway, and only two open to non-Teslas. Neither anywhere near me. More would be nice.

I'm still not seeing anything in Scotland. There are very few Tesla sites anyway, and only two open to non-Teslas. Neither anywhere near me. More would be nice.
There is 6 going in:-

Gretna
Hamilton
Glasgow
Inverness
Brora
Polmont

Ref: Wiki - UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

If you toggle between Superchargers & non-Tesla Superchargers on the map, the ones in grey are coming soon (and should be V4's) - i.e. open to all.

Three more existing sites now open to non-teslas: motherwell, fort-william & Inverness? (+ 6 other V4's under construction)

According to Zap-Map the following Scottish supercharger sites are now open to all EVs
  • Eurocentral
  • Dundee
  • Aviemore
  • Inverness
  • Fort William
The following are still Tesla-only
  • Perth
  • Edinburgh-Newbridge
  • Edinburgh Airport
  • Aberdeen

So much for "most of the rest" being opened up, which was the original story. Three more opened up out of seven that were Tesla-only.

I wish they'd open up Tebay southbound but I've heard that even taking only Teslas there are frequent queues there.
Its better than it was last week though, with only 2 - the 6 new are at
Gretna
Hamilton
Glasgow
Inverness
Brora
Polmont

Hamilton & Gretna are nearly ready, for opening. So hopefully Gretna will cover the Cumbria / Lancs black spot in the near future.

.... the bad news is that it looks as the prices have gone up (particularly at peak), but still cheaper than the competition, and usually have loads of availability, which is why i try to use them when away from home. Also see (at 5 mins), to see a visual map (greyed out ones)

Source : Wiki - UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums