Undertray/wheel arch plastic damage

When I picked up my car it had a small undertray bulge. I knew it was a common issue, but I looked at it with the dealer, all the bolts were securely fastened, and it wasnt a big bulge (maybe a finger width deep), so decided to simply accept it, and monitor it in case it got worse.
I checked it over the weekend (two months in) - the bulge has basically disappeared. It seems like its settled over time, all looks good now.

When I picked up my car it had a small undertray bulge. I knew it was a common issue, but I looked at it with the dealer, all the bolts were securely fastened, and it wasnt a big bulge (maybe a finger width deep), so decided to simply accept it, and monitor it in case it got worse.
I checked it over the weekend (two months in) - the bulge has basically disappeared. It seems like its settled over time, all looks good now.
How can this disappear?

Sandor

Perhaps the colder weather has made it shrink. It might grow again when it gets warmer....

...the undertray.

Ian, I would love to believe you but even that means the real problem still remains: poor manufacturing quality.
Underneath each car air will flow. Some cars now drive around 'with their mouths wide open'....😒

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back