Volvo EX30 thoughts

For the OP, when did the dealer suggest they’d get one in to view?
Our Evoque is in its last lease year and boot size is the most important issue to my wife (self employed and needs a boot full of stuff every day)

You say you dislike the spoilers on the Trophy, but I look at that area on the SE and it looks unfinished like something is missing. Horses for courses I suppose.

As you say, horses for courses. And I still don't know what that open channel in the middle is for.

I like the back of the SE just fine. I think the spoilers look pretentious. And since they are entirely for show - they reduce your range - who is to say I'm wrong? 😉

As you say, horses for courses. And I still don't know what that open channel in the middle is for.

I like the back of the SE just fine. I think the spoilers look pretentious. And since they are entirely for show - they reduce your range - who is to say I'm wrong? 😉
As someone has said on a BMW forum:

"Spoilers, despite how freakin cool they are, add aerodynamic drag and reduce range!
They make sense on race cars, NOT on street cars. But again, they are freakin cool!"

For the OP, when did the dealer suggest they’d get one in to view?
Our Evoque is in its last lease year and boot size is the most important issue to my wife (self employed and needs a boot full of stuff every day)
I ordered online though the Volvo website, then I rang the local dealer but they didn’t know when one would be ready to view / test drive. When I ordered the website stated a 8-10 month lead time.

Volvo EX30 boot wise I wouldn’t expect great things, it’s a small SUV and is rear wheel drive so there is a motor under the boot floor. At a guess I would say similar to MG4 size.

Very. I don't like to offend people, but I think they're hideous. If there had been something about the Trophy that was irresistible to me, I'd have been looking at how to take them off!

It is subjective, I agree, each to their own and all that. We get the car we like because we like it.

But I do think the SE looks like it needs finishing off on the rear.. that could be because I prefer the spoiler personally

IMG_20230611_173704.jpg

IMG_20230609_141547.jpg

Attachments

• 5ca0785f7cc84002829c509f9a00b3a0.jpg
    5ca0785f7cc84002829c509f9a00b3a0.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
As someone has said on a BMW forum:

"Spoilers, despite how freakin cool they are, add aerodynamic drag and reduce range!
They make sense on race cars, NOT on street cars. But again, they are freakin cool!"

I don’t mind spoilers.
But I don’t trust them not to fall off on the MG, I’ve already read someone in the past saying the fixings are a bit weak.

Best thing that could happen to them... ;)

See this photo?

1686503709841.png

What is that hole that looks like the outflow of a downward-pointing vent in the middle of the bodywork immediately above the rear windscreen?

Oh, thank you! I suppose I should have guessed from the position, but I didn't see it as a light fitting and I was kind of wondering.
I don’t blame you, it’s easily mistaken as a vent or some sort.

I’m going to be spoiled for choice next year!!

Zeekr X

I ordered online though the Volvo website, then I rang the local dealer but they didn’t know when one would be ready to view / test drive. When I ordered the website stated a 8-10 month lead time.

Volvo EX30 boot wise I wouldn’t expect great things, it’s a small SUV and is rear wheel drive so there is a motor under the boot floor. At a guess I would say similar to MG4 size.
As you have ordered online I'm surprised you're not aware of the details of what you are ordering.
From the Volvo EX30 website......
'The maximum load volume behind the rear seat is 318 litres under the detachable parcel shelf. This includes a 61 litres hidden storage under the load floor. Adding to versatility, the load floor can be easily adjusted in two levels – normal flat level and low level for larger items such as suitcases. With the rear seats folded, a foldable protection net can be fitted behind the front seats to allow full utilisation of the load compartment and help protect occupants from loose cargo.'

For reference the MG4 is 363 litres, so the EX30 is somewhat smaller, but it does have a small frunk.

As you have ordered online I'm surprised you're not aware of the details of what you are ordering.
'The maximum load volume behind the rear seat is 318 litres under the detachable parcel shelf. This includes a 61 litres hidden storage under the load floor. Adding to versatility, the load floor can be easily adjusted in two levels – normal flat level and low level for larger items such as suitcases. With the rear seats folded, a foldable protection net can be fitted behind the front seats to allow full utilisation of the load compartment and help protect occupants from loose cargo.'

For reference the MG4 is 363 litres, so the EX30 is somewhat smaller, but it does have a small frunk.
Thanks for that, I didn’t find that bit of blurb when ordering and had to go off what reviewers were saying which was mixed - but acceptable size for us.

As I wasn’t 100% sure I mearly mentioned about the same size of MG4 in the sense that they shouldn’t expect large boot like a normal sized SUV.

It’s a £500 fully refundable deposit, it’s not that big a deal he doesn’t know the exact volume of the boot….

It’s a £500 fully refundable deposit, it’s not that big a deal he doesn’t know the exact volume of the boot….
Maybe not, but what else doesn't he know ? If I was ordering online (anything) I would ensure I knew what I was getting.

Maybe not, but what else doesn't he know ? If I was ordering online (anything) I would ensure I knew what I was getting.
I think your overthinking this tbh, I’ve got a £500 fully refundable deposit which I can get back at any point prior to handover. I’ve preordered now as the standard lead time is 8-10months and I think this car will be extremely popular and that lead time will increase !

A car could seam amazing on paper and review wise, but until you have seen one in the flesh and test drove one you can’t be sure, that’s why I’m not over thinking it until I get my test drive 👍🏻

When the ioniq 5 was released I thought that was the perfect car for me, then I test drove one and it drove meh and interior felt cheap compared to its list price.

I think your overthinking this tbh, I’ve got a £500 fully refundable deposit which I can get back at any point prior to handover. I’ve preordered now as the standard lead time is 8-10months and I think this car will be extremely popular and that lead time will increase !

A car could seam amazing on paper and review wise, but until you have seen one in the flesh and test drove one you can’t be sure, that’s why I’m not over thinking it until I get my test drive 👍🏻

When the ioniq 5 was released I thought that was the perfect car for me, then I test drove one and it drove meh and interior felt cheap compared to its list price.
Fair enough. If you are leaping onto it to get to the head of the queue fair play to you.
I was merely answering a question that was raised to you as the person who had ordered the car but didn't know the answer.

And no I wasn't overthinking it, I reserve that for when I buy something and I want to know what it is I'm buying. I don't bother with other people's purchases, I leave that to them.

caveat emptor.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom