Volvo EX30 thoughts

Isn't that what it is in most cars (Tesla, Mini excepted), a small screen/display in front of the driver ?
To be fair my car has a really big screen in front of the driver, Google maps can be viewed on it, really handy when using the sat nav.

I think you would just adapt to whatever the car has, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as long the software works well

To be fair my car has a really big screen in front of the driver, Google maps can be viewed on it, really handy when using the sat nav.

I think you would just adapt to whatever the car has, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as long the software works well
It was in response to bowfers usual anti MG post #70

It was in response to bowfers usual anti MG post #70
Yeah I realise that, I actually don't think it was an anti MG post, more an MG 4 doesn't have a proper dash post.
Bowfer has a Born and there isn't a huge difference between the 4 or Born in terms of screen size etc so I really don't think he was criticising it.

You never know though

Yeah I realise that, I actually don't think it was an anti MG post, more an MG 4 doesn't have a proper dash post.
Bowfer has a Born and there isn't a huge difference between the 4 or Born in terms of screen size etc so I really don't think he was criticising it.

You never know though
Why else would he post ? :ROFLMAO:

Bowfer has every right to be anti-MG given his experiences. But I agree with Leni, I don't think he was being anti, just making comparisons.

I get where you are coming from re your comparisons, but to just look at the 0-60 time then compare price isn't really showing the whole picture.

Every car on that list is miles ahead of the MG4 in terms of quality, range and kit, but as I've said in relation to bang for buck it's out there on its own.

It's exactly the same with the normal 4 it's not the best in terms of quality or kit but is the best value for what you are getting.
Yes, price is the main attraction of the MG4, though the ride and handling are also a key plus.

For everyone who can't afford to pay more, price is the deal clincher. For those that can, it is a question of whether the extra costs is worth it. There are many more who can't afford to pay more than can.

I Love this new little Volvo EX30 but when I showed the the wife 3 question where to be answered
1 does it come in red like the MG4 she has now I replied no it doesn’t I don’t know what the other 2 questions where !! End off.

I like the look of it myself and I’m not a lover of SUV type vehicles but from what I have read and seen on YT it won’t be here until mid 2024 and there is no V2L well there is no mentioning of it anywhere pity, it was one of the reasons for buying the MG4 and me upgrading to the facelifted MG5 trophy. As for the wife she might change her mind as she often does.
Les

Yes, I was responding to someone who said they wanted a “proper dash”
Those going for " proper dash" and value for money.have to go for Xpeng 9, Or in the C segment a BYD Dolfin. same price range as MG 4. Volvo does not come close , also not the very expensive EX 90 .

Followed a BYD along the road the other day.
No prompting from me, my wife went “ooh now I like that”
Another possibility to add to the list, although PCP prices are currently a bit crap.

Followed a BYD along the road the other day.
No prompting from me, my wife went “ooh now I like that”
Another possibility to add to the list, although PCP prices are currently a bit crap.
Had a drive of the Atto at Fully Charged event. Lots to like. Few quirky design features. Only minor thing for me was the low speed safety noise was a bit whiney but im clutching at straws really.

Had a drive of the Atto at Fully Charged event. Lots to like. Few quirky design features. Only minor thing for me was the low speed safety noise was a bit whiney but im clutching at straws really.
Likewise at the Harrogate show, I was actually at the stand for the Dolphin but as they were offering test drives in the Atto 3, thought why not.
Design is a personal thing and I did not like the interior, others may love it. The drive was perfectly adequate, but a bit of a nothing. There was nothing to love, nothing to hate.
The Atto 3 is too big for my needs but I don't think it would be on my wish list at the moment. Still waiting for the Dolphin as that looked as if it might fit my bill.

Likewise at the Harrogate show, I was actually at the stand for the Dolphin but as they were offering test drives in the Atto 3, thought why not.
Design is a personal thing and I did not like the interior, others may love it. The drive was perfectly adequate, but a bit of a nothing. There was nothing to love, nothing to hate.
The Atto 3 is too big for my needs but I don't think it would be on my wish list at the moment. Still waiting for the Dolphin as that looked as if it might fit my bill.
Yeah the Dolphin looked good but oddly i preferred the interior to the exterior and its the opposite for me on the Atto. All personal taste like you say - wife loved the Atto interior. Good that the market is now producing a variety of EV designs. We know the acceleration etc will always feel better than an ICE car so its about the differing tech and design appealing to different individuals. Having said i like the look of the Volvo would i get used to everything on one screen like a Tesla - not sure - for the right price maybe!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom