Which wall charger?

Ok thanks. Very cool.
Am wanting to install one of them also, wondering what should I be allowing for the total installed price.
Does the electrician supply the Hypervolt or is it something I should/could buy ?
Octopus Energy charged me ÂŁ747 less the ÂŁ300 Energy Savings Trust grant that we get in Scotland. They fit Ohms Chargers and others as well which are much cheaper. Contact Octopus Energy Group [email protected]

Ok thanks. Very cool.
Am wanting to install one of them also, wondering what should I be allowing for the total installed price.
Does the electrician supply the Hypervolt or is it something I should/could buy ?
That is a very difficult question to answer to be totally honest.
There is SO many factors that can dictate the price of an EV installation.
It’s a bit of a “How long is a piece of string” story.
The EV installer will usually supply the wall box, but again - that is a conversation you would need to have with them.
My install was over 4 years ago and smart units where only just coming to the market.
At the time, I opted for the 32 Amp 7kw Rolec dumb unit, that then could be upgraded 12 months later ( when I had the ZS EV ) to carry a Wi - Fi relay to permit timed controlled charging for permitting the use of cheaper “Off - Peak” electric.
The EV installer did a health check on my home electrical system about 2 weeks before he came to do the actual install.
The CPC conductors for the water & gas ( earth cable ) required a small upgrade to conform with the conditions of the OLEV grant.
This came as a small additional cost to myself.
The wall box was sited only about 8 feet from my consumer unit and as the unit is inside the garage, they did not require SWA cable.
6mm flat twin and earth was used.
The total cost to myself was under ÂŁ200.
The remainder was claimed back by the installer.
The grant was a little more than it is today.
As installs go, mine was pretty much as straight forward as it gets !.
Install time was less than 2 hours which included the bonding upgrades and the function testing of the wall box.

i have gone for this its smart and its reasonable price plus you dont need a earthing rod

We have basically stopped fitting other chargers in favour of this model, it has all we need for a cost effective install, App isn't the best, but it's given us no problems and the customers all seem happy with it..
Gary

Ooo, that’s lovely. I did an internet search for the Hypervolt in Australia and this is what came up ...not quite what I was looking for...
Was practicing my new-found Googling skills and look what I stumbled across...

I was due to get a Rolec charger and I have an installation date of 1st July. However after watching the video on You Tube I think I would prefer the Hypervolt instead.

This company will install it for ÂŁ599.

I am tempted to cancel the Rolec one and go for this instead.
I am more than happy with my Hypervolt. The company who were going to install my Rolec charged ÂŁ580.

Now just need the app to be updated as it calculates usage at a flat rate of 14.15p/kWh and you cannot change this.

We have had a rolec since February works really well with Both The I pace & the MG 5 with no issues untethered and just using the timed charging app
Also purchased an 7.5m cable 32amp which we can take with us if required when charging away from home, cost of the unit installed with a 45M cable run was 808.00 inc vat

I went with Hypervolt because of Artisan Electrics YT video. Availability was a good a month or so ago. Hypervolt organised the electrician and I accepted his quote of £670 with him claiming the OLEV grant. Severn Sparks Ltd of Gloucester carried out the supply and excellent fitting. All up and running and I’m very happy.

D6057FEF-C917-40B2-913B-919001240517.jpeg
Loving my new EO Pro 2 - app is brilliant. Tiny wee thing and silver blends well with my granite walls. Best bit - EO and installation= £300!!! Went through Octopus/NatWest OLEV grant plus claiming Scotland Energy Saving Trust grant…
Amazing value. Also had my DNO upgraded my electrics to utilise an unused second phase, now I have 140Amp coming into the house. One smart front EV Charger and my standard Rolec in rear garage! Took a while to sort out and now we Can charge two EV Simultaneously without worries!

View attachment 4112Loving my new EO Pro 2 - app is brilliant. Tiny wee thing and silver blends well with my granite walls. Best bit - EO and installation= £300!!! Went through Octopus/NatWest OLEV grant plus claiming Scotland Energy Saving Trust grant…
Amazing value. Also had my DNO upgraded my electrics to utilise an unused second phase, now I have 140Amp coming into the house. One smart front EV Charger and my standard Rolec in rear garage! Took a while to sort out and now we Can charge two EV Simultaneously without worries!
Congratulations on your new charger and it is a job well executed.
Does it need a special bit to drill through granite or does the standard masonry bit do the job?

Usually need a long granite drill bit - trades people are used to them round here. They seems to have found a cement joint to drill though this time, so wasn’t too much a chore.

Hi drjat - I've got a Pod Point and it does not support scheduled charging. There's a beta app out for testing with a select few and I think that's one of the features.

I went for Pod Point mainly because of the reliability and, mostly, positive reviews - it also has 'over the air' updates (it's sent out by a central server somewhere) which means I don't need to get an engineer to come out to do the update.

I, too, am looking to move house over the next 2 years so contemplating whether to leave the charger for the new owners of this house, or to take it with me (leaving the wiring).

It's a 7kw untethered unit costing ÂŁ850 but I got a ÂŁ350 OLEV grant as well as a ÂŁ300 Energy Saving Trust grant (only for Scottish residents I'm afraid), so it really only cost me ÂŁ200. The current app monitors usage so I can see how much I've used each day and my 'history' goes back months and months so it's quite handy.

Cheers

Bloggsy
PodPoint Solo supports scheduled charging. See Electric Car Home Charger | Pod Point

Looks like I will getting a Hypervolt, now; apparently there's a supply delay on the Zappi, pushing them out by 9 weeks, so have been offered the Hypervolt instead. I'm told it basically does all the same things the Zappi does, including the solar balancing....

Fingers crossed for next week..

Arf

Looks like I will getting a Hypervolt, now; apparently there's a supply delay on the Zappi, pushing them out by 9 weeks, so have been offered the Hypervolt instead. I'm told it basically does all the same things the Zappi does, including the solar balancing....

Fingers crossed for next week..

Arf
I am more than happy with my Hypervolt. There is a Facebook group, if you are interested, where any questions are answered. Although it is not an off Hypervolt group, the CEO regularly comments.

Just contacted Hypervolt by email at 21.30 this evening and they rang me back at 21.50!
just about to get a ZS EV So need charger soonest.
Hi JC, Have you had the Hypervolt fitted yet? I spoke to them today (27/07) and Flavin advised the hypervolt has issues with scheduling charging with the mg zs ev. Something there looking into but I felt it wasn’t being rushed in anyway. I’m waiting for a final price at the mo as I have solar. Was looking at zappi2 but thought against it as had to have this additional Harvey unit which I really don’t think was needed.

Had the Hypervolt fitted yesterday, and very swish it looks, too. Have tried it briefly (all good). The App seems clear and straightforward, I'll let people know about the "scheduled charge" function after this weekend (I hope it doesn't suffer the same issue as the ZS, as it's one of the features I really want)...

As for "party mode"... Err.. yeah... Whatever... I'll file that with a vacuum cleaner that plays "Claire de Lune".... :unsure: :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom