BP pulse discount

I spoke to my MG dealership who quoted this price. However research on BPPulse is making me reconsider.
After all the bad feedback on BP pulse, decided to go a head with a different charger, went for Easee One. Hoping to get it installed before Christmas.

Anyone had any issues with the chargers at BP pulse? I drove down to France and topped up at the 150kw charger at Osprey without any issues. Went from ~20 to 80% in around 30mins getting up >130kW. The battery indicator did turn orange at some point shortly after the charge but returned to green the next day. On the way back from France a week later we were down to 10% and tried to charge at the BP pulse point 150 but it kept saying there was an error despite trying the App and just paying on debit card. Phoned the help line and they reset the system and tried again on both ports with no luck. There was another BP 150kW charger close by and tried there with no luck too. We tried both ports and couldn't get it to work at all. People charged there before and after us with no issues and these people tried to help us, but it just wouldn't charge. Drove to a Geniepoint 50kW charger and it worked straightaway and got up to 47kW.

I noticed on a google search that an MG5 driver had also had an issue at BP. Is this an issue with MG and BP or is it just my car? Could i have done something wrong?

Some people are saying (generically, not just for BP Pulse) to first power down from the Infotainment menu (Safety tab inside the Car menu) to help with charging problems. Personally I've not had to do that.

BP pulse offers 5 months of £9 credit on signup redeemable by monthly code sent by email and 20% discount on charge prices works out approximately 0.63p hope this info helps they do seem to have a large network of chargers and many high speed

BP pulse offers 5 months of £9 credit on signup redeemable by monthly code sent by email and 20% discount on charge prices works out approximately 0.63p hope this info helps they do seem to have a large network of chargers and many high speed
You can also get IONITY for around 0.66p (close to 0.80p through IONITY) using the Electroverse app from Octopus Energy.

Some people are saying (generically, not just for BP Pulse) to first power down from the Infotainment menu (Safety tab inside the Car menu) to help with charging problems. Personally I've not had to do that.
Not had to or not tried to?

I have sometimes had charging problems but I haven't tried this, will do in future.

You can also get IONITY for around 0.66p (close to 0.80p through IONITY) using the Electroverse app from Octopus Energy.
With further discounts if you have an Octopus home tariff - 5% (Go) or 8% (Intelligent).

OTOH, I've had an Electroverse card for a while, and never has the charger I've wanted to use been one of their networks.

Not had to or not tried to?

I have sometimes had charging problems but I haven't tried this, will do in future.
When I had problems at Applegreen chargers this did not occur to me. However I did get charging to work without doing anything differently with the car. 🤷‍♂️ So at the moment it's Not had to.

If I do get such issues in future I'll try to remember to try this.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back