Lane Assist Trying To Kill Me!

I could live without LKA and auto main beam. What does ACC/TJA and AEB mean and what other stuff.
it changes how the cruise control works. I think ACC just does the automatic cruise control/braking and the TJA combines that with the LKA and then it tries to kill you because the MG system is so bad that it cant even drive in the centre of the lane on the motorway.

Consider you life and the lives of other motorist by disabling anything that lets this car steer for you because despite what anyone says on here, LKA on the MG4 is crap and by far the worst i've ever used on any car.

So I suppose you could do without any of them, really? I managed without any of them years ago, and never crashed. Is it right that manufacturers fit all that stuff mainly to gain a 5 star ncap rating.

So I suppose you could do without any of them, really? I managed without any of them years ago, and never crashed. Is it right that manufacturers fit all that stuff mainly to gain a 5 star ncap rating.
anyone that needs these kind of systems should be banned from driving because clearly they are inattentive ass holes and should not be in control of any machinery.

Thank the wonderful EU for this crap, they demand all new cars are fitted with these systems but there is no rule on how well they work.
So its a pathetic tick in a pointless box and clearly MG spent next to no money on each system

Adaptive Cruise Control - automatically matches the speed of the car ahead of you.
Traffic Jam Assist - As above but at slow speeds, generally requires you to press the accelerator or cruise control button to start from a standstill.
Autonomus Emergency Braking - Beeps at you then jams the brakes on, normally for no real reason, making you look a wally to any pedestrians. I leave this on just in case I miss something.

I guess it's a personal choice ... lose other features to avoid having to spend a few seconds turning off LKA each time.
Or MG could just provide us with a shortcut option to disable LKA quick and easy. Do they even know about all the complaints, or do they only gather feedback from their Chinese custemors?

Or MG could just provide us with a shortcut option to disable LKA quick and easy. Do they even know about all the complaints, or do they only gather feedback from their Chinese custemors?
They know about the many complaints but they refuse to do anything because they are bound by law to have the systems fitted to their cars.
I doubt SAIC has installed them on the chinese models because its not
Only those two?
You will lose nothing of any importance, and as i said before if you lose something that you rely on then you really should not be driving any cars because you dont have the skills, eyesight and reaction times that are needed to safely drive.
These systems are made for brain-dead morons who drive around in the own world paying no attention to the road.

Its cheaper an easer to ban idiots from driving and then the rest of us dont suffer by catering for the lowest common denominator
You will lose nothing of any importance, and as i said before if you lose something that you rely on then you really should not be driving any cars because you dont have the skills, eyesight and reaction times that are needed to safely drive.
These systems are made for brain-dead morons who drive around in the own world paying no attention to the road.

Its cheaper an easer to ban idiots from driving and then the rest of us dont suffer by catering for the lowest common denominator
These features wont work with a dirty window too and the car warns that they are no longer useable

It doesn't just use the radar though, else covering the camera wouldn't disable it. ;)
????????? we are talking about the LKA killer, not the adaptive cruise control

Trust me, cover up your camera and see what happens. THE CAR GETS BETTER is just less retard proof, and to be honest thats not a bad thing

Last edited by a moderator:
????????? we are talking about the LKA killer, not the adaptive cruise control

Trust me, cover up your camera and see what happens. THE CAR GETS BETTER is just less retard proof, and to be honest thats not a bad thing
YOU mentioned ACC and the radar sensor, implying that ACC would work with the screen camera covered - I merely corrected your misunderstanding. ;)

For the avoidance of doubt, here is where you said it:

LKA assist death trap and speed sign recognition.

The auto cruise control uses the radar in the front bumper

You replied whilst I was editing - See my edit ;)

And I can confirm with 100% surety that ACC is disabled if the screen camera is blocked.

See my further edit ... ACC does stop working if the screen camera is blocked. 100% guaranteed. I had it last winter when I had a frozen screen (at the camera) and lots of features were disabled; including ACC.

See my further edit ... ACC does stop working if the screen camera is blocked. 100% guaranteed. I had it last winter when I had a frozen screen (at the camera) and lots of features were disabled; including ACC.
it must be a FAKE radar then because there is absolutely no requirement for the radar to work in conjunction with camera. Adaptive cruise control radars were fitted to cars way before the LKA cameras. So if MG needs both then they really have fitted the cheapest and nastiest system in the world

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back