MG4 Mats Availability

Photo Coming Soon (is what I saw when I searched via registration). Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Clicking the link takes me to here, which again has no photos of the MG4 mats. Once you start adding features/upping quality then the pricing isn't any different to Carmats, so the only differentiator is the availability of different edging colours.

Photo Coming Soon (is what I saw when I searched via registration). Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Clicking the link takes me to here, which again has no photos of the MG4 mats. Once you start adding features/upping quality then the pricing isn't any different to Carmats, so the only differentiator is the availability of different edging colours.
Never underestimate the importance of the right edging colour! I am getting a White Trophy and the white/black stripe edging looks nice.

Never underestimate the importance of the right edging colour! I am getting a White Trophy and the white/black stripe edging looks nice.
I've got a white SE and went all black, figuring white thread would get dirty and dimmed pretty quick. The result is quite dull! But they'll do the job.

Yes, that was the reason I thought I'd ask here for anyone's first hand experience.
On Carmats website, the photo there is captioned as "Image shows sample mat (not a MG Motors UK MG4 EV mat)", so there's no actual photo there either.

Fair comment - although at least you get a decent idea of quality from the Carmats images. :)

And having received mine I can vouch for their quality (I got Super version), except for the clip positions for the driver's mat.

Has anyone bought any mats from Vehicle Mats UK ?

I notice they can do mats with orange binding, which unfortunately CarMats.co.uk don't, and as my MG4 is going to be orange, well I think they'd look better. I'd be interested to know what the quality is like, and accuracy of fit etc.
I purchased EV6 mats from Vehicle Mats UK and they're really good quality. I enquired about the MG4 and they messaged me to let me know when they listed them. I ordered black velour with navy trim and I will order the same again if the MG4 ones I receive with the car are covered in logos. I can't comment on the fit in the MG4 though sorry.

@siteguru what sort of depth is the carpet pile on those?

Super - The Fast Lane
Is your MG Motors UK MG4 EV your pride and joy? The first-rate Super Mats are hard-wearing and thick, bringing an exclusive feel to an interior. A must-have for any proud car lover.

Made from 100% Polypropylene, these velour mats belong in our more luxurious range. The Super Mats are made to withstand significant weathering whilst aesthetically providing a high-quality look and feel.

At a total height of 7.5 mm, this remarkably thick car mat is water-resistant to protect from damp, mildew and rot, as well as anti-slip.

These high-quality mats aren’t just one-size-fits-all; they’re manufactured in the UK to fit your MG Motors UK MG4 EV footwells perfectly.

There are photos for each mat type which use a 20p coin to show relative pile thickness.

Got our free mats from the dealer yesterday:

IMG_1591.jpg

Thought I would start a thread on mats. I cannot find mats anywhere, the MG4 is not even listed on the MG Accessories webpage yet. Hopefully someone in the know will post here as and when they become available. Picking my car up hopefully next week so I’m going to get my wife to carry me across the gravel drive as a temporary measure.
No mg mats but got some decent ones online £30

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 128
I got mine from the same supplier - pics in an earlier reply in this thread.

Mine were the Super ones for £42 ish (after using the discount code).

Driver's mat ... those hole fixings look a lot like mine were. (The right pitch but too far to the left). You might need to unclip them and pull them both ~6mm towards the driver's door side then refit the fixings. But obviously try them first. :)

I doubt it - I got that mats , V2L cable , mud flaps , sill protectors etc all for less than £100 via Ali express - just go with everything is fake n cheep, which I'm still trying to get my head around (as certainly in the last few months is that chinese products are the way to go?? (compared to JP, GDR etc. )
Looks good! Never used AliExpress. Bit of a jungle, can you give me pointers to which dealers?

Givked ot our free mats from the dealer yesterday:

View attachment 13495
Picked our MG4 yesterday and the dealer has suddenly got a memory loss and refused to supply them as part of the deal.
Was going to order an MG5 as well but sadly this won't be happening as I don't like dealers who don't hold up their end of the bargain.

Has anyone else like me put mats on top of mats to protect the protective manufacturer mats?

Has anyone bought any mats from Vehicle Mats UK ?

I notice they can do mats with orange binding, which unfortunately CarMats.co.uk don't, and as my MG4 is going to be orange, well I think they'd look better. I'd be interested to know what the quality is like, and accuracy of fit etc.
Ordered mine from carmats.co.uk and fitted perfectly. Due to dogs / kids I just went with plain black rubber as more a case of utility than style!

Picked our MG4 yesterday and the dealer has suddenly got a memory loss and refused to supply them as part of the deal.
Was going to order an MG5 as well but sadly this won't be happening as I don't like dealers who don't hold up their end of the bargain.
If it's cars2 Barnsley I'm having interesting conversations around missing undertrays and gearbox incontinence

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back