MG4 Standard tyres are seriously dangerous!

Let's hope the Turanza 6 live up to expectations: vastly better in the wet, with a low enough rolling resistance.

I'm guessing they are the same or similar to those that come on the 2023 Xpowers but will be 17" ?

Black Cover.jpg

They'll be getting a discount price. You are lucky you aren't on Chinese rubber like the rest of us paupers with our Phase 1 cars.
The PremiumContact C (my guess is that C stands for Comfort as per other literature I found on Continental’s website) are very similar to the EcoContact - reviews of those are very similar to my experience

Our XPower Turanza's are in fact made in China too 😁😁

View attachment 24169View attachment 24170
Turanza 6 (non OE at least) are supposedly made in Spain.

When we first got our MG4 the tyres seemed OK however after 3000 miles it's become apparent all is not well. In anything other then perfect dry conditions it's like driving on ice all the time and not in a fun way! I'm going to speak to the dealer tomorrow however after just 3000 miles they are clearly not fit for purpose. It's a real shame because it's yet another niggle that's stopping us from enjoying the car.

I'll probably replace them with Michelin CrossClimate 2's as I've used them before on our ZS and they seemed really good, has anyone tried them on the MG4 yet?
I swapped mine over from the originals to CrossClimate 2’s after 1000 miles now I’m up to nearly 5000 miles and haven’t looked back since.

Indeed, I was referring to Chinese-spec rather than where it was made.

Indeed, I was referring to Chinese-spec rather than where it was made.
I changed mine for the exact same reason as you will find from doing a bit of research that tyres made in China are not the same as tyres made in the EU

Just had a full set of Bridgestone Turanza 6 fitted today.
Full review coming soon, once they’ve been properly run in and I’ve had a chance to play in different conditions, particularly in the wet.
Need to check gps speed vs speedometer, noise levels, grip in the wet, handling, consumption (aka rolling resistance), comfort.
In terms of looks, subjectively, they look the part, with aero rim guards too. A more grown up tyre I’d say.
The tread when new is 7mm according to my gauge.
They are made in Italy, and they have been set to 2.5bar at the rear and 2.45bar at the front at 7C ambient temperature.

Just had a full set of Bridgestone Turanza 6 fitted today.
Full review coming soon, once they’ve been properly run in and I’ve had a chance to play in different conditions, particularly in the wet.
Need to check gps speed vs speedometer, noise levels, grip in the wet, handling, consumption (aka rolling resistance), comfort.
In terms of looks, subjectively, they look the part, with aero rim guards too. A more grown up tyre I’d say.
The tread when new is 7mm according to my gauge.
They are made in Italy, and they have been set to 2.5bar at the rear and 2.45bar at the front at 7C ambient temperature.

When you get some data, could you add to the Tyre Change spreadsheet please m8.

Thanks 👍

Thread 'MG4 X Power tyre change for the vibration issue' MG4 X Power tyre change for the vibration issue

Thought I’d post a picture of what’s on my Trophy, for those who are interested- not a tyre person myself, I just want ones that work well and are safe.

Attachments

• 440001BB-DE9C-46ED-AFAF-4E140748B05D.jpeg
    440001BB-DE9C-46ED-AFAF-4E140748B05D.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 53

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member