MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's something to do with the NCAP rating. Allowing the driver to disable it for a single journey but reverting to the default setting for the next journey means that a car would have a higher NCAP score.
Nooooooooooooo 😢😢😢😢😢😢

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's something to do with the NCAP rating. Allowing the driver to disable it for a single journey but reverting to the default setting for the next journey means that a car would have a higher NCAP score.
But it comes back on during the current journey. Bloody annoying, even with vol turned down

The fact I want to change the collision and lane assist warning I think to high to then revert back is crazy and can't have anything to do with NCAP. Surely it makes it safer if it's set to high alert.

I think MG have just made a mistake

Hmm. This is a bit worrying. So you guys who are in possession of the MG4s, you're saying the warning thing goes off every time you drive the car (when your face isn't looking straight ahead presumably?)and every time you have to go into the menu to turn it off .?

I love the potential of this car but that sounds like it would drive me potty if I go through with my order

Last edited:
Yes it does. The whole infotainment driving settings reset to default every time you start the car. I have notified my dealer to pass on to MGHQ. Everyone else needs to do the same, so that MG get enough complaints to actually address the issues.
Your bang on with that above, this kind of thing , pinging and bonging at you for daft things I remember the early MGZS mk1 had lots of bongs that drove people mad and took a good while to sort out with several updates to shut them up I do recall, as for the infotainment and having to be reset each time you start the car I was under the impression everything stayed where it had been set on this car. Not so sure now it’s for my wife surely there has got to be some way to Solve this.
Les

Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Anyone figured out how to turn this off permanently? It was driving us insane today! Turn it off on system setting - a few minutes later off it goes again and has re-enabled itself - rinse & repeat
Hi, I have collected my MG4 today and having the same issue. Returned to the dealership and they called MG . Apparently it’s a known issue and plan to have it resolved in an update due in 2-3 weeks time.

Problem solved

Screenshot_20220929-184213.png

The audio definately stays off for me, but the warning still comes on.
Doesn’t that mean you can’t listen to the music either tho, there doesn’t appear to be a separate volume control for warnings in the menu system

I’ve just ordered my MG4 ES standard range today and been told it should be here in about 8 weeks, has anyone any horror stories about delays or is it a far estimation of a delivery date ?

I’ve just ordered my MG4 ES standard range today and been told it should be here in about 8 weeks, has anyone any horror stories about delays or is it a far estimation of a delivery date ?
Early days I’m afraid Beasty-(Boy) this is MG after all.

I really hope it works out for you, and MG have turned a corner now that they are concentrating on the MSP, seemingly.

Not helpful, but I guess only time will tell.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back