• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New (late 2021) ZS EV

A few points I've noticed.

Comfort vs Luxury trim gives iSmart lite vs more functionality, if lite provides remote cabin pre-cool/heat then that'll do me.

LR only has 3phase (11kw) AC charging, SR has 6.6kw.

LR has a lower power motor, 115kw vs 130kw on the short range. Bit odd they've done this and not used the higher power one of both models.

Rear air vents now :)

Both trims have heated front seats, amongst other things in common.
Potentially more folk will take the "Comfort" rather than "Luxury" trim, unlike now where you get a lot more with the higher trim.

Some figures don't seem to be correct, they can't both have same 0-100 time with different power motors surely, plus the weights must be different for each battery.

It's advertised as 150kw in one place and 115/130 elsewhere....

Can anyone spot if they've kept the pointless "battery" switch next to the KERS & MODE switches?
@JodyS21 I can remember when the Battery Button actually served a purpose and was the only way to view your range. Quickly superseded by the addition of the constant range on the dash with Comfort 2, which also took away the Bongs. Just added that because I haven't heard anyone refer to the bongs for a while!;)

I was trying to make an educated guess of the new prices.
Current + 1000-1500£ for standard range
Current + 4000-4500£ for long range

Based on assumption price per kWh to be 200usd as discussed on the podcast+ VAT + misc

Does it sound fair?
14/15% is quite a jump.

I totally agree !.
I have said almost the very same thing in another thread.
If the new Gen 2 / Face lift top spec 71 Kw option nudges even CLOSE to the £35,000 ceiling mark, which is the limit to receive the government grant.
Then when MG increases their prices in Jan of next year, as they have already stated.
This could effectively make the car £2,500 more expensive straight from the “Get Go”.
Therefore MG have to be careful when pricing the model with the larger pack and in the top trim level.
Otherwise, it has pushed the price into a sector where there is more choice of EV’s on offer.
The Gen1 ZS EV sold SO well because the pricing structure & incentives where extremely hard to match by other makers.
MG understands where their market strength / customer base is situated.
They must retain this place in the market to stay successful.
got to say I would not go for an MG at that price the

ENYAQ seem to have the edge​

got to say I would not go for an MG at that price the

ENYAQ seem to have the edge​

I think a lot of people, including myself would totally agree with that !.
Pricing of the face lift model is absolutely critical here, if I punches above its weight, the sales will never match the numbers seen by the original ZS EV.
Price structure was the big attraction of the first model !.

Press day is the 1st November and dealers are expecting deliveries of the first Demo units around the 26th of November.
By MG offering this £750 discount for test drives / deliveries before the end of 2020 is a bit ambitious to say the least.
Are they just whipping up interest to get an idea of demand for next year ?.
@MilesperkWh said in the video podcast that Price is to be announced 1st November (Press release I think is the 8th Nov) and order books opened same day. Cars are on the boat already and first customers deliveries in December.

At 37:00

@MilesperkWh said in the video podcast that Price is to be announced 1st November (Press release I think is the 8th Nov) and order books opened same day. Cars are on the boat already and first customers deliveries in December.

At 37:00

Yeah - I am a regular visitor to the Monday night pod cast, it’s great source of info @Gomev thank you !.
If I remember correctly, Miles did say that Demo models of the ZS EV facelift are due to arrive at the dealerships, on or around the 26th November time ????.
MG are offering a £750 voucher for anybody who takes a test drive in a ZS EV / MG5 / HS PHEV.
BUT - You have to take delivery of your new car BEFORE the end of 2020 !.
I can see that this gives MG some indication scale of intended interest in the cars going forward, but pulling off a significant number of sales AND deliveries before Christmas is very unlikely considering that stock levels are either small or non existent yet !.
It appears to be a strange step, other than to gauge interest, unless I have missed something here folks, what are your opinions ?.
Of course we have no idea of just how many face lift models are on this first consignment, plus any other models of course ?.
So, if you consider that there are 100 plus dealerships in the U.K. and they will ALL be screaming 😱 for a Demo car, then how many cars are remaining to dish out to customers by the end of December ?.
Let’s just assume ( the killer of all ) for a brief minute, that your local dealer gets his Demo on / by the 26th Nov.
Then, you are lucky to get a test drive the following day on the 27th ( very unlikely, but we are just playing here ).
You approve of what you see and work on a deal, this could take a bit of “backwards and forwards” ( as it normally does ) and now we are at the 30th of November.
That is giving roughly 30 days to sort out all the details, then get the correct trim type / model type and required colour, into the dealers.
Then get it out through the door before the dead line of the 30th Dec 2020.
Not impossible, but with all things considered, I think that is a bit of a squeeze to say the least !.
My guess would be, that if you had paid a deposit and MG where unable to deliver the car by the end of 2020 then they SHOULD still honour that commitment of the voucher in my opinion.
There is going to be a price increase in Jan 2022 so again, that is another issue worth considering.
I did ask this question to Miles in the podcast, he did say that he thought that MG would factor in the price increase into the price announcement on the 1st November.
But again, this is a best guess.
We also have the up and coming budget / Gov grant changes maybe / COP 26 submit etc.
A lot of huddles to jump in a small time frame I think 🤔.

The other thing with the grant is that the car has to be MY21. I am guessing that the facelift/Gen2 will be MY22 which excludes it from the voucher. I think the voucher is an incentive to clear stocks of the MY21 pre facelift cars before the end of the year. btw, it also mentions participating dealers, whatever that means.

Yeah - I am a regular visitor to the Monday night pod cast, it’s great source of info @Gomev thank you !.
If I remember correctly, Miles did say that Demo models of the ZS EV facelift are due to arrive at the dealerships, on or around the 26th November time ????.
MG are offering a £750 voucher for anybody who takes a test drive in a ZS EV / MG5 / HS PHEV.
I can see that this gives MG some indication scale of intended interest in the cars going forward, but pulling off a significant number of sales AND deliveries before Christmas is very unlikely considering that stock levels are either small or non existent yet !.
It appears to be a strange step, other than to gauge interest, unless I have missed something here folks, what are your opinions ?.
Of course we have no idea of just how many face lift models are on this first consignment, plus any other models of course ?.
So, if you consider that there are 100 plus dealerships in the U.K. and they will ALL be screaming 😱 for a Demo car, then how many cars are remaining to dish out to customers by the end of December ?.
Let’s just assume ( the killer of all ) for a brief minute, that your local dealer gets his Demo on / by the 26th Nov.
Then, you are lucky to get a test drive the following day on the 27th ( very unlikely, but we are just playing here ).
You approve of what you see and work on a deal, this could take a bit of “backwards and forwards” ( as it normally does ) and now we are at the 30th of November.
That is giving roughly 30 days to sort out all the details, then get the correct trim type / model type and required colour, into the dealers.
Not impossible, but with all things considered, I think that is a bit of a squeeze to say the least !.
My guess would be, that if you had paid a deposit and MG where unable to deliver the car by the end of 2020 then they SHOULD still honour that commitment of the voucher in my opinion.
There is going to be a price increase in Jan 2022 so again, that is another issue worth considering.
I did ask this question to Miles in the podcast, he did say that he thought that MG would factor in the price increase into the price announcement on the 1st November.
We also have the up and coming budget / Gov grant changes maybe / COP 26 submit etc.
Have I got it wrong? The £750 offer is for 2021 models only and excludes MG5LR. The new gen2 ZS EV is surely a 2022 model whenever you buy it?

If as Miles says the cars are on the boat then I'm guessing that they will arrive at the same time as the demo cars, possibly circa 2000 on the boat same as last time inc some 5s hopefully.
Not too much faffing about since only the Trophy will be available, only choice is colour.
See demo, order car, all it takes is transport it to dealer. So maybe a decent chance before end of year. :)

Good view/run through of the infotainment. States this is a Luxury model at 32k euros .(£27k ish)

Luxury model in Europe ?.
It has the sun roof etc, so that makes it the higher spec "Trophy" model in the UK then.
Or as the original ZS EV was called the "Exclusive".
I have noticed that under the new info centre, there is some "Hot Key" functions.
I can not see any manual buttons for the heated seats - can you ?.
Maybe they are located in the touch screen hopefully.
Arh ....... At the 6min 20 seconds mark, you get a very brief view of the them !.
They are indeed controlled via the touch screen.

Last edited:
I doubt if the Trophy model will be £27k ish in the UK. Particularly if the grant is reduced/removed as is the rumour. Someone quoted 36420 Euros for the LR Trophy in Germany, which is one of he most expensive countries to buy a car in Europe I believe. That would be just over £30k but somehow things seem to get more expensive when they land on our shores. That is the exact model I am looking for fi the price is right. Fingers crossed!!

I doubt if the Trophy model will be £27k ish in the UK. Particularly if the grant is reduced/removed as is the rumour. Someone quoted 36420 Euros for the LR Trophy in Germany, which is one of he most expensive countries to buy a car in Europe I believe. That would be just over £30k but somehow things seem to get more expensive when they land on our shores. That is the exact model I am looking for fi the price is right. Fingers crossed!!
Yep, tis all speculation but, MG must have made some production savings with this new model and are keen to grow volume (and steal a younger audience). Guess we'll find out pretty soon!

If as Miles says the cars are on the boat then I'm guessing that they will arrive at the same time as the demo cars, possibly circa 2000 on the boat same as last time inc some 5s hopefully.
Not too much faffing about since only the Trophy will be available, only choice is colour.
See demo, order car, all it takes is transport it to dealer. So maybe a decent chance before end of year.
Hi Gomev, where did you here that only the Trophy model was arriving in the first wave. I thought it was only the long range arriving but haven't heard only the Trophy. Not that it matters to me, I'm looking at the Trophy if the price is right.

I think they missed an opportunity to move the radar up into the MG badge to make it neater and less prone to breakage.

Hi Gomev, where did you here that only the Trophy model was arriving in the first wave. I thought it was only the long range arriving but haven't heard only the Trophy. Not that it matters to me, I'm looking at the Trophy if the price is right.
You are right. In my enthusiasm I mixed up top spec with top range. :(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom