• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New MG4 Shipment?

UPDATE: Just spoke to Mike from MG Perth, my car will be arriving at the dealership next week. They will contact me when it arrives to go in and complete paper work, so fingers crossed should have my car for the 1st April... :)
Good news at last, Ian! Not long to go now. 👍
Mike is not someone I have spoken with over the phone. I think he might be the sales manager.

Picked the car up from the dealership this morning (surprisingly quick, with little fuss as it was mostly done online) and was happy to hear my Suzuki Vitara had retained its value over the last 6 months, so that reduced my deposit a fair bit. 😃 After doing the paperwork, Cameron walked me through the driver’s display and infotainment screen (R16 I think I saw. Is that the most recent update for an SE LR?) settings and controls. I noticed later in Tesco’s car park that intelligent battery heating was on, so switched that off. That should improve range.

The drive back was loads of fun! I even gave a brand new Tesla M3 a good run for its money on the motorway, though I noticed above about 65mph it starts to eat range. Which regen setting do you guys recommend for motorway driving? Anyway, very smooth, quiet and fast! 😃 I was able to connect my phone via Bluetooth no problem and LKA was helpful rather than a hindrance/annoyance/danger.

My wife commented on the loud grandfather clock ticking of the indicators, but that was easy to lower the volume of.

The only thing that will take a bit of getting used to is turning a dial for the handbrake. I was always a bit OCD about pulling it up to the max on my Suzuki Vitara as our driveway is on a slight incline, which is opposite our estate drainage system (big hole in other words). 😅 Now my OCD has switched over to checking the parking dial and the red P and large grayish P on the driver’s display. My wife just rolls her eyes and gets out without a care in the world.

I checked the glove box and found the build date - 9th January, 2023.

Hope everyone still waiting gets their car soon! 🤞

On the motorway I tend to use Adaptive regen. :)

Welcome to the MG4 world. We'll have to organise a central Scotland MG4 meet. :)
Cheers Siteguru! And thanks to all the incredibly helpful forum members.
Yes, I’m thinking some time during Easter. I shall post a thread soon and let’s organize a meet. 😃

Picked the car up from the dealership this morning (surprisingly quick, with little fuss as it was mostly done online) and was happy to hear my Suzuki Vitara had retained its value over the last 6 months, so that reduced my deposit a fair bit. 😃 After doing the paperwork, Cameron walked me through the driver’s display and infotainment screen (R16 I think I saw. Is that the most recent update for an SE LR?) settings and controls. I noticed later in Tesco’s car park that intelligent battery heating was on, so switched that off. That should improve range.

The drive back was loads of fun! I even gave a brand new Tesla M3 a good run for its money on the motorway, though I noticed above about 65mph it starts to eat range. Which regen setting do you guys recommend for motorway driving? Anyway, very smooth, quiet and fast! 😃 I was able to connect my phone via Bluetooth no problem and LKA was helpful rather than a hindrance/annoyance/danger.

My wife commented on the loud grandfather clock ticking of the indicators, but that was easy to lower the volume of.

The only thing that will take a bit of getting used to is turning a dial for the handbrake. I was always a bit OCD about pulling it up to the max on my Suzuki Vitara as our driveway is on a slight incline, which is opposite our estate drainage system (big hole in other words). 😅 Now my OCD has switched over to checking the parking dial and the red P and large grayish P on the driver’s display. My wife just rolls her eyes and gets out without a care in the world.

Glad youve finally got it and all seems good👍

Great to hear you have got it and thanks for the first impression, certainly makes me look forward to picking mine up on Tuesday/Wednesday. Now if only I could find an insurance company that will allow me to get insurance before I have the reg number.

Excellent that you have your car, hope you enjoy it!

Be good if you can confirm over the next few days if you have any issues. I think the build quality of more recent cars is better, but we need more evidence to be sure.

Yes, R16 is the latest I have heard of (R33 for Trophy).

Oh, just checking you know about Auto-hold? If you turn that on, you can just hold down the brake until the (A) appears in green and it will hold the car without needing any pedals and then release when you next touch the accelerator. We never use the parking brake, just push down for P mode when we end our journey.

Just found this youtube video and thought it might be interesting for those who have just picked up or are about to pick up their cars. This guy does a complete detailing job on what appears to be a relatively new Black MG4. His comments about the paintwork on MF4's and cars delivered poorly cleaned are quite revealing but the finished car looks amazing.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car, fingers crossed many miles to be done in it. Don’t forget the picks!! 😉

Oh, just checking you know about Auto-hold? If you turn that on, you can just hold down the brake until the (A) appears in green and it will hold the car without needing any pedals and then release when you next touch the accelerator. We never use the parking brake, just push down for P mode when we end our journey.
I did see that in the menu settings as I was familiarizing myself with them and wasn’t sure what exactly autohold does, so that’s very useful to know thanks tsedge. I’ll try it out tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car, fingers crossed many miles to be done in it. Don’t forget the picks!! 😉
Cheers! The weather wasn’t the best today, so I’m hoping to take a few snaps tomorrow and will post in the ”show us yours“ thread.

Did you manage to bind your phone and car?
No, I haven’t tried yet. At the moment I just have a pay-as-you-go smart phone, but I’m planning on getting a data plan so we can use all the multitude of charging apps and Apple Car Play. I think the main one will be the Chargeplace Scotland app.

Don't forget you'll also need a CPS RFID card. (I have one but haven't ever used a CPS charge point yet, so haven't tried it yet). :D

Is yours an SE LR? If yes, do you have pins in the L2 and L3 slots in your charge port? (To check whether yours supports 3-phase charging).

Don't forget you'll also need a CPS RFID card. (I have one but haven't ever used a CPS charge point yet, so haven't tried it yet). :D

Is yours an SE LR? If yes, do you have pins in the L2 and L3 slots in your charge port? (To check whether yours supports 3-phase charging).
Card works well! Used it when I've been away at a few hotels, having the 3 phase would be a result as a lot of the charge place Scotland chargers are 22kw (good destination chargers)

Thanks for the reminder! I’ll need to register and get one. 👍

Yes, it’s the long range. I’m not sure about the pins, but I took a photo of the charge port. What do you reckon? Is it just single phase charging that’s supported?
FEC4FBD4-DC71-428E-B290-644A2CDE2215.jpeg
85836920-D639-4390-BF5C-76B45D54B33B.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums