Rear visibility in wet weather

Haven't fiddled with the AC yet but will try, thanks. Mirrors don't really clear.
If the mirrors don’t clear I would get your dealer to check they are working.

Using AC in winter is a good way to remove fogging as AC dehumidifies the air. The downside is it will use more energy and cut your range.

Last edited:
I’m in the ‘non existent’ rear view camp too.
This is despite rain-x on the screen.
I’ve got used to using door mirrors only, I’m beggared if I’m wiping the window every day.

Before starting I swipe all glass (including mirrors). If necessary I preheat the cabin
After starting I put AC on, fan speed 2 and temp to 25°C (Edit: these are my default settings which are remembered).
If there are others in the car I may use the rear demister

I don't have any visibility issues.

Last edited:
Before starting I swipe all glass (including mirrors). If necessary I preheat the cabin
After starting I put AC on, fan speed 2 and temp to 25°C (Edit: these are my default settings which are remembered).
If there are others in the car I may use the rear demister

I don't have any visibility issues.
Wouldn't be doing that on a manky wet morning, I would hope the mirrors and rear screen would clear quick enough with the demister.
My car doesn't have a rear wiper at the minute but clears when I get up to speed and the rear demisters and heated mirrors are really good. Not a big ask from a car

SE model doesn't have heated mirrors AFAIK.
According to the official specifications, all models come with heated mirrors. The Trophy has power folding mirrors as an extra.
All-New MG4 EV | Fully Electric Hatchback
DC3F340F-69C3-4F02-AD57-C2E4C8775F16.png

They clear alternate lines, then the uncleared fogged/wet sections 'bleed' down into the cleared parts, obfuscating them again! lol
If it’s clearing alternate lines then you have a fault. The bottom two wires are the radio antenna and not heating elements but all the wires above should be heating. I have had zero issues with rear visibility during 1800 miles in all weathers.

The Trophy does have the rear protuberance ... just not the little kick up. (I'm not sure the kick up is the key factor here in blocking road muck).

It is the endless waiting, affecting my mind. It is all right for you I-ve-got-my-MG4 crowd! 🤪
But the I-haven't-got-one-yets can voice our opinions without checking we are right from experience. We've got an excuse when we are wrong, they've got nothing...apart from a MG4 :(

I'm so surprised by a lot of commenters saying they have no issue with this - I'm in the UK, it's cold and wet most days right now, and visibility out the rear window of my SE LR is anything from appalling bad to non-existent. I've put RainX on to no discernible effect so most drives it's basically completely fogged up or drenched and utterly useless.

Side note - same for the side mirrors, fog up constantly, zero visibility.
I've also used RainX to little effect. The issue is worst around town, in congested stop go driving where there is just not enough airflow to shift the H20, Rain-X or not. Not such a problem at higher speeds.

I've also used RainX to little effect. The issue is worst around town, in congested stop go driving where there is just not enough airflow to shift the H20, Rain-X or not. Not such a problem at higher speeds.
I use Rain x and the effect is superb for me. No matter how heavy the rain it just glides off. I’m going to start taking pics of my rear screen and posting in this thread, I’m really struggling to understand what others are reporting, we all have the same type of rain right ? 🤪 Not once have I missed rear wiper and I am quite OCD about this stuff, I really thought it would be an issue but not for me, not even a little bit.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back