V2L - vehicle to load adapter / cable

ah, ok, I thought after 2 mins your test was interrupted.

I am building my adapter too these days,
just thinking about if I yhould build it 1 phase or 3 phase.
I would like 3 phase just to see what's happening, but I am pretty clear that I'll never have a use for it

ah, ok, I thought after 2 mins your test was interrupted.

I am building my adapter too these days,
just thinking about if I yhould build it 1 phase or 3 phase.
I would like 3 phase just to see what's happening, but I am pretty clear that I'll never have a use for it
Next week I’ll do a test on all phases. If I can pull 16A on allphases simultaneously…Think I will start with 10A.

I have done some test on my V2L plug.
Type 2 - 3phase CEE (All phases connected)
Phase - Neutral 220V
Phase - Ground 76V
Neutral- Ground 143V
9DAE56D6-B501-439D-AE7D-88FF424C03F5.jpeg

9D6D273C-4027-4F0D-8611-8459C3FC7578.jpeg

F09323AB-835C-4039-9E37-F46C7201006B.jpeg

I have done some test on my V2L plug.
Type 2 - 3phase CEE (All phases connected)
Phase - Neutral 220V
Phase - Ground 76V
Neutral- Ground 143V
View attachment 10207
View attachment 10208
View attachment 10209
Interesting. I've noticed that the V2L inverter does some ground fault detection. If you pass some line (phase) current to ground, the inverter will switch off the 220V. It will try 3 times (with about 10 seconds between each try), then give up completely.

Interesting. I've noticed that the V2L inverter does some ground fault detection. If you pass some line (phase) current to ground, the inverter will switch off the 220V. It will try 3 times (with about 10 seconds between each try), then give up completely.
I have tried to connect to “Central box” with RCD. Incoming Neutral and earth is connected in Ground buspar, and then Neutral goes trough RCD and then to Neutral busbar.
When I do so, the V2L stops. Like you said it automatically restarts if I pull out the plug.

I have tried to connect to “Central box” with RCD. Incoming Neutral and earth is connected in Ground buspar, and then Neutral goes trough RCD and then to Neutral busbar.
When I do so, the V2L stops. Like you said it automatically restarts if I pull out the plug.
So it wants to float neutral slightly to allow it to detect Earth faults from Neutral? Interesting.

In the UK we only have single phase :)
Houses normally only have 1 phase, true.
The question is does the inverter in the car when doing a V2L provide 3 phase output.
Can the inverter take in a 3 phase feed, or is it a special UK version.

So measuring L1 to L2 might be interesting

Houses normally only have 1 phase, true.
The question is does the inverter in the car when doing a V2L provide 3 phase output.
Can the inverter take in a 3 phase feed, or is it a special UK version.

So measuring L1 to L2 might be interesting

The UK car only has single phase.

In Europe I believe they have 3-phase supported in the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom