The battery for the Tesla model 2 sounds incredible if the stats are true. Same manufacturer as the MG4 battery, CATL, but new LFP technology that can charge at over 300 kW and isn’t affected negatively by low temperatures. That’s probably one of the main drawbacks of buying an EV now. Not battery life but the technology moving on so fast that any new car you buy is obsolete in a short period.

I think that's another advantate of going for a relatively cheap car at the moment. We can't just sit in an ICE car until EV technology matures, that would be like deciding not to get a Model T but to keep your horse and cart until the Fiesta is available. But not splashing out on something really high-end limits your exposure a bit.

Do you have the right car in your profile? R46 is a Trophy update, not an SE one.

I've corrected it now. - I think when I set the profile up, there was a single option for the MG4. Was it split into multiple options with the default being SE SR?
@Barbette which dealer was that? Paul Rigby MG Redditch?

Yes. I'm reasonably satisfied with them, but I'm quite low maintenance and tend not to complain. - For instance, I've lived for 12 months without the ability to turn on the AC/heating remotely. With the software upgrade I now can - but winter is over and I don't need to defrost the car for another 6 months.

Had my car serviced at glyn hopkin bedford. No battery report. Emailed them and got ignored.

They seem keen to sell BS extras like taking wheels off for cleaning at a mere 60 quid even after charging 198 for a first service

Do not recommend

Had my car serviced at glyn hopkin bedford. No battery report. Emailed them and got ignored.

They seem keen to sell BS extras like taking wheels off for cleaning at a mere 60 quid even after charging 198 for a first service

Do not recommend
I had a similar experience at the Milton Keynes branch

I asked about mine when I picked the car up. The girl said, did you ask for it to be done? I said no, I didn't particularly care, but I thought it was part of the service. Also that there were bragging rights involved. Then she shuffled through the paperwork and found it, 100%.

My Trophy had its first service a couple of weeks ago as part of its 3-year MG plan. After the service the garage supplied me with a small folder with 2 check sheets; a general one for both ICE and Electric Vehicles and one called a 'MG4 EV Maintenance Check Sheet' which lists the service type 'A' (1,3,5,7 years) and 'B' (2,4,6 years). This sheet recorded the Battery SOH. See photo below.

MG4_EV_Maintenance_Check_Sheet.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 495 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel