My opinion is this - if I buy a brand new car, I would expect any faults arising within the first year would be fixed within 2 months. No excuses.

As for DC charging, I have solar power at my property therefore buying an EV is cost effective as well as saving the planet.

Basically, if I bought a Panasonic TV at Asda & it went wrong after a few months, I'd be given another Panasonic TV in replacement or a refund from Asda. It's who I took the contract out with. You wouldn't wait for 2 months with a different brand TV whilst they sorted out what you'd paid for.

The 2015 consumer rights act states
1) I have to give the dealer a chance to fix the vehicle.(I have given 2 chances)
2) I have to give 8 weeks for this process to be done.(I have done this)

The dealer should either fix, refund or replace the vehicle if this hasn't happened.

This is quoted from the motor ombudsman.

I love my MG4 car but I'm not getting what I paid for.

Sorry to sound like a proper whinger, but it's not right
No, I agree that it’s not right. I think you’ve been more than patient.

My opinion is this - if I buy a brand new car, I would expect any faults arising within the first year would be fixed within 2 months. No excuses.

As for DC charging, I have solar power at my property therefore buying an EV is cost effective as well as saving the planet.

Basically, if I bought a Panasonic TV at Asda & it went wrong after a few months, I'd be given another Panasonic TV in replacement or a refund from Asda. It's who I took the contract out with. You wouldn't wait for 2 months with a different brand TV whilst they sorted out what you'd paid for.

The 2015 consumer rights act states
1) I have to give the dealer a chance to fix the vehicle.(I have given 2 chances)
2) I have to give 8 weeks for this process to be done.(I have done this)

The dealer should either fix, refund or replace the vehicle if this hasn't happened.

This is quoted from the motor ombudsman.

I love my MG4 car but I'm not getting what I paid for.

Sorry to sound like a proper whinger, but it's not right
You are quite right and you are not whinging.

At the same time, if MG have had a big delay from their supplier, there's not much that can be done, particularly by the dealer.

I respect your decision and hope it doesn't put you off the brand for good.

You are quite right and you are not whinging.

At the same time, if MG have had a big delay from their supplier, there's not much that can be done, particularly by the dealer.

I respect your decision and hope it doesn't put you off the brand for good.
I genuinely think MG could've done things in a much quicker manner. This has left the dealers to pick up the wrath of their customers. I've always been polite, provided loads of info into the problem being a CCU, but I still don't have what I paid £30k for. Delay or no delay, 2 months & counting is a very long time for a fix to a brand new vehicle.

Thing is, I love the car but the service is abysmal.

Having tried to get as many of my petrolhead friends as interested as possible about the EV revolution.....
right now all I get is "where's your car 😂😂😂😂"

It's got to be quite embarrassing...what a shame 😔

My CCU diagnosis and repair took 7 weeks in total, all seems to be working well now but understand everyone's frustrations.
Things finally got moving for me after vociferous complaints through MG and motability (who it is leased through).
MG just don't seem set up technically to cope with the demand they've had with their EVs.

Found this interesting. About 9 minutes in he talks about CCU fixes rather than replacement. There are a few such garages near me.

Yes, this was also posted in another thread.

It sounds like 3rd party garage repair will become an option even if you are in your warranty period, which will provide another option and reduce the cost and time if you are not.

This is good news, even if it will take a few years to be widespread.

My tuppence worth ....
No A/C charging since Feb 2. Into dealership on 12th. Diagnosed CCU failure. MG hq agree on 15th. Dealer told it will be early April earliest for part delivery. Dealer v professional but admits this is 3rd in 4 weeks.

Shambles.
Apparently cost is c£1600. If that is right then thats a lot of margin going down the chinese plughole.

Well she is in the garage and they are working on her now. It's great to have a dealer where you get to talk to the technicians when you drop the car off.

I have a courtesy car and it is really weird, apparently you have to squirt liquid into a hole on the side to make it go and I have to constantly press a pedal on the left and move a lever to help the motor work properly! Ah, well, I'll figure it out! 😉😂

Well she is in the garage and they are working on her now. It's great to have a dealer where you get to talk to the technicians when you drop the car off.

I have a courtesy car and it is really weird, apparently you have to squirt liquid into a hole on the side to make it go and I have to constantly press a pedal on the left and move a lever to help the motor work properly! Ah, well, I'll figure it out! 😉😂
Brilliant news!!

Right, all seems to have gone well. She is on charge at home and we will see but the signs are good, taken 30 minutes so far which is far more than she was doing (failing within 5 minutes consistently).

The garage said CCU replacement went well, they have also done a bunch of module updates to improve various things including ACC, LKA, SOS phone (all things I mentioned).

They were almost astonished that it had been so smooth, which says a lot about the normal update experience!

And we've been put on R46, which I think is to try to sort out a problem with the app whereby it won't preheat the cabin at all under any circumstances.

Will try to give her a 100% balance tonight and test various things out in the morning.

Right, all seems to have gone well. She is on charge at home and we will see but the signs are good, taken 30 minutes so far which is far more than she was doing (failing within 5 minutes consistently).

The garage said CCU replacement went well, they have also done a bunch of module updates to improve various things including ACC, LKA, SOS phone (all things I mentioned).

They were almost astonished that it had been so smooth, which says a lot about the normal update experience!

And we've been put on R46, which I think is to try to sort out a problem with the app whereby it won't preheat the cabin at all under any circumstances.

Will try to give her a 100% balance tonight and test various things out in the morning.
Sounds like everything has gone well tsedge. I look forward to hearing about your test of various things and the battery balance tomorrow.

😂 All joking aside, electric vehicles (combined with renewable energy) really are the future and with some sub £25,000 cars on the way from various manufacturers, combined with a burgeoning second-hard market the next five years ought to be bright for this technology.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back