Paul55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I’ve been trying to access the app since late last night but keep getting the message that “status checking has failed”. Has anybody else had this problem?
Thanks

I’ve been trying to access the app since late last night but keep getting the message that “status checking has failed”. Has anybody else had this problem?
Thanks
Working fine this morning, the only time I've had that happen is when there's been another error on the car, it happened recently when a public charger aborted.

Thanks
I had this yesterday and had to reset my password but whilst that got me back in the app I was still getting the scan failed. The car was in the garage so I decided to go to the car and unlock it with the key remote and lock it again and that seemed to solve it. There had been a recent update to the app don’t know if that had anything to do with it but it seems okay now

Morning,

Logged into iSmart this morning (iPhone) and got a message saying update to version 2 as it has major changes.

Went to the App Store and apparently the app isn’t available in my country (UK) Tried to search for an update manually but no luck.

The app is basically bricked now as I can’t clear the please update message to use any features. Anyone else experiencing this?

App Store wouldn't let me update from its current version to 2.0 and the pop up won't go away so I had to delete and reinstall the app. But nothing seems to work in v2.0. Any one had any luck trying to overcome this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded. Had to reset password (note - remove the 0 from the start of your phone number) and its now asking me to bind again. Will have a go at that in a bit.

Might be coincidence but I had the same problem but then enabled Bluetooth and location services and then it worked

Oh my goodness

On IOS, deleted app and downloaded the new version from app store, logged in... its changed folks, a brand new learning experience :eek:, working with both of my MG`s, keyless entry is now on the home page, if you want to update data select the little MG icon in bottom left corner.... oh my. It is actually so far an improvement, appears to have a few new functions (although I cannot see how to set battery charging level from app, now found on the battery page by selecting the top right nut icon). Make sure you are sitting down before updating...

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel