How come the updated app works fine for some owners and not others? I'm in the latter camp, totally pissed off :mad: :mad:

Updated the app yesterday (iOS). It tried to get me to log in again. I wasn’t sure what my password was so requested a reset. Despite my efforts, the app wouldn’t accept/progress with what I had put in. This sounded similar to other people’s experience on here.
This morning I thought I would go into the app and try again. I was still on the app password reset page, so even with yesterday’s security code (remember to use within 10 minutes), I just tapped the ‘ok’ button and it told me I couldn’t have the same password as before. Strange. Something must have got through yesterday? So I changed the password to be something different than before, and tapped the ‘ok’ button, and lo it was all accepted and I was now logged into the app.
Having said that, the app knew where my car was but wasn’t showing battery status etc. even after doing a vehicle status refresh. I thought if I tapped the lock car button, would that work? Well, the car was already locked anyway, but the action did seem to make the app pick up the battery status, etc.
For me, the updated app looks like it working properly but it was a bumpy ride getting there.

I have the same problem.
I can login to the app but cannot connect to the car anymore. I can only connect when I’m in the car.
I can only connect when I’m in the car and I have to enter password frequently.

There's a settings cog/nut top right on the android app in the charging menu. Select that, and then you should see an option to set charging percentage. Hopefully also there on iOS version.
Perfect, thanks.

I updated, logged in, and it worked okay there are no advantages over the previous app. However if you don’t use the app for 30 minutes or more it logs you out! So now I have to login every single time like I do with my banking app. You would expect it with a banking app, not with an app that is supposed to make life for the car easy.

I’m so sick of this car and its software, updates that are available but the dealer won’t do them. Updates for the app that aren’t needed but are forced on you and screw up the app.

Last edited:
I can only connect when I’m in the car and I have to enter password frequently.
That sounds like the app would then connect directly to the car via Bluetooth.
Boy ... this is such a shitshow. Really frustrating how they negatively affect you with they app software. I really like the car itself.

Not even able to log in to this version, which is fantastic
Me neither ? I have an MG4 SE , was prompted to download new version ( am in Ireland ) , download went fine but not able to log in . Used the " forgot password " to create a new one. This worked fine but now when I try to log in the log in button is greyed out and unselectable. Am using Apple IOS
Any help / guidance on how to fix ?

I think the update is a major improvement to the user experience - at least it's obvious what is a button and what is information. I think it's still kind of flakey - I logged in last night and this morning it says my token expired and I had to log in again. Haven't even tried setting up this virtual key thing yet.

Used the MG iSmart app yesterday and it directed me to update. I updated but it's now prompting me to "To bind". I don't have any other options. Is it safe to do this?

My ZS didn’t accept a charge from my charger last night despite a schedule not being set in the car and the charge limit not reached.

iSmart to 2.0.1 issued for iOS this morning. We shall see!

Emergency contact name now appear to say set!

Manuals now download, but the Navi Manual still refers to the previous version of iSmart 🤦

Last edited:
Used the MG iSmart app yesterday and it directed me to update. I updated but it's now prompting me to "To bind". I don't have any other options. Is it safe to do this?
Did you login via phone number when you originally set up under email? or vice versa

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 524 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back