It’s not like the app is a joke or completely broken.
I hope you are kidding but I suspect you are not. I could list 10 things that are broken with the new app, it's a complete joke.

Rating it 3 stars just because of how it would be perceived by the people who wrote it, is making the issue worse. What if they stop working on it because they'd settle for a 3/5? They sure feel like 3/5 people, or maybe even 1/5 people. They should fire the whole team and hire the first nerd-looking kid on the street, I'm sure he'd do a better job. That's how much of a joke the app is.

I hope you are kidding but I suspect you are not. I could list 10 things that are broken with the new app, it's a complete joke.

Rating it 3 stars just because of how it would be perceived by the people who wrote it, is making the issue worse. What if they stop working on it because they'd settle for a 3/5? They sure feel like 3/5 people, or maybe even 1/5 people. They should fire the whole team and hire the first nerd-looking kid on the street, I'm sure he'd do a better job. That's how much of a joke the app is.
I’m trying to keep a level head.
The app has a few bugs that need fixing.
If we all do proper bug reports, it has a better chance of getting fixed.
Proper bug reports not half arsed attempts at bug reports.

I think I'll leave the update on mine until tomorrow or very late tonight when the servers aren't busy, I don't use the app much anyway.
Just updated it, no problems, I just had to change the km to miles in the settings and had to remotely unlock the car to get a reading on it and the battery percentage. (y)
FWIW, when the login page appeared I closed the app and closed the old version that was still open with the update message on, then opened the new one.

Just updated it, no problems, I just had to change the km to miles in the settings and had to remotely unlock the car to get a reading on it and the battery percentage. (y)
FWIW, when the login page appeared I closed the app and closed the old version that was still open with the update message on, then opened the new one.
...might find you need to repeat those actions, again and again and...........etc!

I left a review yesterday.
3 stars.
The app is ok. Could be better, the login token timeout is a temporary glitch I’m sure will get fixed soon enough.
You don’t motivate people to do better by leaving 1 star reviews. At most they’ll get fed up and stop development all together.
It’s not like the app is a joke or completely broken. The digital key now seamlessly integrated with the 4g key is a great improvement and deserves recognition.
Nah, the developers will be well aware of the issues. They almost certainly raised them internally. The decision to push a buggy app out didn't come from them and the one star review isn't going to hurt their feelings.

...might find you need to repeat those actions, again and again and...........etc!
Yep, just opened the app for the second time, now it's over an hour since I updated, and got the token expired and the range had gone back to km. :confused:

Yep, just opened the app for the second time, now it's over an hour since I updated, and got the token expired and the range had gone back to km. :confused:
If I log on using my phone number, the unit of measure is set to imperial
If I log on using my email address, it’s set to metric

Does the old app still work and connect to the car? In the past it was always a problem from their cloud infrastructure. So i guess also the old app does not work.

Tried the latest version 2.0.1. Still having problems.
It tells me I need to bind - get the barcode up on the car screen -scan it OK - logs in on the car - says success on the app - then the app still shows I'm unbounded and I still need to bind.

Updated and still doesn’t work 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0367.png
    IMG_0367.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 47
I’m trying to keep a level head.
The app has a few bugs that need fixing.
If we all do proper bug reports, it has a better chance of getting fixed.
Proper bug reports not half arsed attempts at bug reports.
You can always update your review score later. I started with a 3 star when first logged in and app looked fine, but lowered it to 1 star after the hourly logout and logging in problems.

However, I'll be happy to put it to 5 stars if they fix everything. I did comment that they fixed the heated seats at least lol.

IOS - Updated the app, re-binded, no problem. App loads OK, Serial number matches the car.
BUT NOTHING WORKS. Every request fails with a time-out. Have fully shut down the car thru the safety menu and brought it back up, deleted the app and started again, cleared the cache, but still cant talk to the car...... Is this a local problem, or a server problem at their end?
Same here, can't get it to operate.

You can always update your review score later. I started with a 3 star when first logged in and app looked fine, but lowered it to 1 star after the hourly logout and logging in problems.

However, I'll be happy to put it to 5 stars if they fix everything. I did comment that they fixed the heated seats at least lol.
That’s a sensible approach.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel