I deleted the cache on my phone, but didn't delete the data. I did uninstall and reinstall, but perhaps that did the same effective things as deleting data. Now all seems to be working OK, albeit a bit slow (as could be expected at the moment).

Rescue call page now opens OK and still shows UK number.
The maps section looks a lot cleaner, and you can edit the POI list.
I enabled the biometric option - when I had to set something (I think it was to enable the digital key) it popped up the fingerprint login prompt and that worked OK. I'll leave things for a while and see if I'm given a login prompt when I open the app again, and what form of prompt that is.

I surely hope the hourly auto log off feature will soon be solved because I really don't want to log in every time I use this app. Are there people who still stay signed in?

I think I'll leave the update on mine until tomorrow or very late tonight when the servers aren't busy, I don't use the app much anyway.

Now working on android phone but looks totally different, but a quick look around sorted things out.

I think I'll leave the update on mine until tomorrow or very late tonight when the servers aren't busy, I don't use the app much anyway.
Yes sensible idea.

I’ve had to reset my password as it wouldn’t let me type the @ symbol, which was in my old one. Took that out of the new one and now it works for me. For how long is anyone’s guess!
That's strange, I have a @ in my password and it works fine?

Well I'm locked out because my previous password used a character the new system won't accept and the servers seem too busy to let me reset it.

Well done MG.
The app doesn't like the "+" in my email address - googlemail alias email address. Was working fine on the previous version, but this version doesn't like it so cannot log in.
I did manage to log in with my phone number though thankfully.

I've got this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-130025.png
    Screenshot_20231218-130025.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 65
My app is logged in but very slow to respond now. Can't seem to see the digital key menu or anything else. Might have to wait till evening when servers are less busy

Hmm, even the message saying you "have" to upgrade fills me with confidence! Honestly, QC at MG is nonexistent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-130943.png
    Screenshot_20231218-130943.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 60
Hmm, even the message saying you "have" to upgrade fills me with confidence! Honestly, QC at MG is nonexistent.
Haha yeah that's exactly what I got this morning. Didn't look like I could continue without updating but the version number looked interesting to say the least - glad someone got a screenshot lol.

Morning,

Logged into iSmart this morning (iPhone) and got a message saying update to version 2 as it has major changes.

Went to the App Store and apparently the app isn’t available in my country (UK) Tried to search for an update manually but no luck.

The app is basically bricked now as I can’t clear the please update message to use any features. Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm experiencing exactly the same with mine, I'm in the uk also, it's a joke.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled, and I've got it now. I can't find the charging management screen and I can't find out how to pre-heat the car, but otherwise we're all good!

I'm experiencing exactly the same I'm here in the UK 🇬🇧 don't know how to sort it I've tried everything I'm on an android device.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back