Right side "face" icon, Security Settings, toggle on Biometrics. (At least on Android - I assume Apple app will be similar)

As said above, it does not let you login using biometrics, but allows you to use it where you would previously use your PIN (e.g. to unlock with the digital key, turn on remote HVAC etc.).

The old app didn't permit 2 users with 2 phones - people have complained about it. Does the new version have the same problem? Anyone tried?

The old app didn't permit 2 users with 2 phones - people have complained about it. Does the new version have the same problem? Anyone tried?
The old app allowed one user (account) on several (more than two) devices - login to a device and any previous device was logged out. This makes sense as the car is bound to a single account.

As far as I'm aware the new app follows the same logic.

I was forced to update to the 2.0.1 version of app today. It installed, but crashes every time I try to open it...

Hello everyone I’m new here just wondering I updated the iSMART 2.0 app on IPhone now need to the bind the car again but is already bind on the old version so what I can do to bind at the 2.0 version please??

To save you reading back through the thread ... you've logged in to the wrong account. Delete cache and data, uninstall/reinstall the app then login to the FIRST account you created ... if this was by email then login using that; if by phone number then use that.

Bottom line - your car is already bound to an account - if you can't see it when logging in, you're in the wrong account. It really is that simple.

My iSMART app automatically updated itself to a new version a few days ago. This afternoon, mid-charge, it just stopped communicating with the car. I logged out and on trying to log in again it won’t accept one of the characters in my password (the @ symbol). Now I can’t log in. Any advice?

IOS MGismart app version 2.0.1 installed automatically and proved unusable because my usual login details failed. I had to click on forgot password, enter verification code, and reset the PW. Then the new app worked and looks quite good. Scheduled charging times needed resetting. I’ll revert tomorrow if charging fails!

I was forced to update to the 2.0.1 version of app today. It installed, but crashes every time I try to open it...
You could try clearing the app's cache or if you've got a note of your log in details try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

Morning,

Logged into iSmart this morning (iPhone) and got a message saying update to version 2 as it has major changes.

Went to the App Store and apparently the app isn’t available in my country (UK) Tried to search for an update manually but no luck.

The app is basically bricked now as I can’t clear the please update message to use any features. Anyone else experiencing this?
I did have a few problems at first and tried everything to make it work. Then retyped my username and password in manually rather than using password management and everything is working fine.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back