I have an MG4 Trophy Long Range. I went to run App as I do most mornings. I was told to update. Clicked that. New app appears to be installed. However, it dies not recognise my password. Tried to register. Screen says service not available! For heavans sake. I now have no access to the App! Anyone else suffering too?

I have an MG4 Trophy Long Range. I went to run App as I do most mornings. I was told to update. Clicked that. New app appears to be installed. However, it dies not recognise my password. Tried to register. Screen says service not available! For heavans sake. I now have no access to the App! Anyone else suffering too?
Yes. After update the app I couldn't connect to my car. I reinstalled the app and now I cannot bind wit car. I did factory settings reset, erase mg app account, reinstalled app and still I can't bind phone with car. And to day I noticed the car doesn't have access to internet. 🤯

Anybody with that same failure message?

I get it for over a week now.

Screenshot_20231225-194817.png

This is the standard message when the app cannot connect to the server or thence the car. Most times it goes away, sometimes you need to unlock/lock the car to wake it up.

Try refreshing the home screen by swiping down from the top a few times and likewise the scanning page.

Yes, I experienced all of the above and wondered what else to expect. Have any of you used the EV station finder in the map, all I get is one in China🤔😃 I've just tried connecting to the car and it won't work, it's been sitting 24 hours now...maybe it's sulking😏
Edit: Just woke it up with the remote key and app started working🤔 The nearest charge for me is at Muang Hak1, 5870.6 miles away😆 All the other tools seem to work very well, except the one thing that EV drivers really need to know the nearest EV station😳 Bizarre

Just zoomed out on the map and Muang Hak1 is in Thailand, just North of Bangkok 😳😆 Why?

Last edited:
This is the standard message when the app cannot connect to the server or thence the car. Most times it goes away, sometimes you need to unlock/lock the car to wake it up.

Try refreshing the home screen by swiping down from the top a few times and likewise the scanning page.
I had that experience as well in the past.

However it does not work recently. (2-3 weeks). Although I drove and charged the car multiple times.

Do you know how I can ceck the connection status of the car to the mobile network?

About checking the connection to the mobile network, the best I can offer is the signal strength indicator at the top right of the home info screen.

Hi. Downloaded the app. Binded the car to the app but still says needs to be binded. Any ideas why this isn’t working. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app twice but still having issues

To save you reading back through the thread ... you've logged in to the wrong account. Delete cache and data, uninstall/reinstall the app then login to the FIRST account you created ... if this was by email then login using that; if by phone number then use that.

Bottom line - your car is already bound to an account - if you can't see it when logging in, you're in the wrong account. It really is that simple.

Yes. After update the app I couldn't connect to my car. I reinstalled the app and now I cannot bind wit car. I did factory settings reset, erase mg app account, reinstalled app and still I can't bind phone with car. And to day I noticed the car doesn't have access to internet. 🤯
I haven’t consciously Bound the phone to the car. Is it normally an automatic process?

Can no longer log in on 2.0.2 🤦‍♂️
My email address (with a +alias email address) still says account not registered (even though it is, and I used that on version 1).
Tried logging in using my number like on 2.0.1 and I can't type any special character for my password. Can't paste it in. Using auto fill I get told password is incorrect even though this is the one I'd used last time I logged in.
Why is it so difficult for them to get this right?

Edited to add, I've reset my password but it doesn't let you use special characters anymore.
So rather than fix the issue they have with special characters, they've just completely stopped you using them. Passwords can now only be letters or numbers. So secure..

So if anyone can't log in any more using autofill, you'll need to reset your password to something without a special character 🤦‍♂️

All seems to work ok now? Mine seemed to be ok after logging in whilst sitting in the car? Not sure if that was it??

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back