There are two QR codes on the MG4, one to download the app the other to bind to the car's account. I don't know if it's the same on your ZS.

Have you previously had the car bound with the old version of the app? If yes then you can't bind again and you're logged in with the wrong details. If no then set the car theme to light mode before trying to scan the second QR code.

Have you previously had the car bound with the old version of the app? If yes then you can't bind again and you're logged in with the wrong details. If no then set the car theme to light mode before trying to scan the second QR code.
Yeah I was using it before they updated the whole interface, so will basically have to make a new account?

Yeah I was using it before they updated the whole interface, so will basically have to make a new account?
You should use the same login details as your old account. The only fly in the ointment is if you used special characters in your password as the new app only accepts numbers and letters. If this is the case try "forgot password" to reset it.

As said above - NO. Your car is already bound to your original account - creating a new account is utterly pointless. You need to login using the original, very first* login details you used when creating your account - try the Forgot Password option if you can't remember it/it has odd characters in it.

* if you created an email address use that; if it was your phone number (without the leading 0) then use that.

Last edited:
I've tried to reset my password for the app but it still says the app isn't available. I've also checked my current phone and it's compatible. Can anyone help?

Ok on my android it was upgraded automatically fine. Though it didn't work as couldn't connect to car and also couldn't open digital key management. I reinstalled and had to accept some permissions and now I can open Digital key management. Though it says my key is not activated. I try to activate and it fails. Also app doesn't seem to connect to car get data.
Does anyone had the same issue? Do I need to go in the car and launch app the first time?

Just checked the app and got the same issue, so I unlocked/locked the car using the keyfob and all worked OK.
This solution worked for me

I presume you have:
Checked that the car is not 'asleep' (usually not used for 24hrs)?
Tapped the shield icon at the bottom of the front screen to get data?
Cleared the cache (Bottom right icon>settings>clear cache)?
You shouldn't need to go into the car. to launch the app

(Sorry, answered just as you replied)

Ok on my android it was upgraded automatically fine. Though it didn't work as couldn't connect to car and also couldn't open digital key management. I reinstalled and had to accept some permissions and now I can open Digital key management. Though it says my key is not activated. I try to activate and it fails. Also app doesn't seem to connect to car get data.
Does anyone had the same issue? Do I need to go in the car and launch app the first time?
This is sorted now. Like @siteguru suggested. I first closed the app on phone. Then unlocked and locked the car with the fob. Then opened the app. It was showing battery status now. Then I clicked Digital key management and managed to activate the key successfully. Now all the functions of the app working normally.

This is sorted now. Like @siteguru suggested. I first closed the app on phone. Then unlocked and locked the car with the fob. Then opened the app. It was showing battery status now. Then I clicked Digital key management and managed to activate the key successfully. Now all the functions of the app working normally.
Have you checked if the App will show your closest EV charging station ?.
Mine is showing that the closest charging station is over 5,000 miles away !.
It displays the closest petrol station though, which is well handy for an electric car !.

It displays the closest petrol station though, which is well handy for an electric car !.
Works fine for me, and names the charger network too.
Doesn't distinguish between rapids & destinations, though.

Just a thought - I deleted the petrol station option; not sure if that would make a difference to the app showing EV stations? I doubt it, but worth a try.

Today, I learned that the battery charge limit, scheduled charging & scheduled battery heating are hidden behind the nut at the upper right corner of the charging screen.

Works fine for me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel