What are new features with this new upgraded app that was not there or improved features?

Where does it think your car is?
It’s really odd ???.
It plots my current home address correctly and displays local dealers and petrol stations correctly.
But when requesting closest EV charging stations, it only displays this single charger which is over 5,000 miles away !.
It bit to far even for a ZS EV LR 🙄.
There is at least one other forum member that has the same issue ????.

IMG_2308.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2310.png
    IMG_2310.png
    986.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2309.png
    IMG_2309.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
My mapping (MG4 Trophy on Android) shows the direct distance to the destination such as EVs or banks (as the crow flies) and thus ignores the River Trent.
It also shows banks and restaurants which have shut.

For the first time today, the infotainment system has given the ability to listen to a text message.
Before this, the screen has just informed me of a new text message. This usually android auto.

I was wondering whether this was part of the latest version of ISmart.
Or would it just be an update to android auto.
Any ideas?

For the first time today, the infotainment system has given the ability to listen to a text message.
Before this, the screen has just informed me of a new text message. This usually android auto.

I was wondering whether this was part of the latest version of ISmart.
Or would it just be an update to android auto.
Any ideas?
I think that's Android Auto.

I've just opened my App after 2 weeks away app has totally changed and no sign of usual settings.
What's happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your profile shows a ZS EV so I'm not sure why you've posted in the MG4 board, but ....

have used the app on the phone for months then suddenly it asked for my name and password which i tried inputting but wont work nor does resetting password , so useless at the moment , Any suggestions

Try both your phone number (without the first 0) and e-mail, then existing password without any special characters. It will be one or the other

See this thread. You must use the phone number or email that you used to set up the account

Please read the other threads on this subject. Siteguru gives sound advice on this subject.

The app has been updated; you will need to accept again the T&C's, a tick box, at the bottom of the screen. If you can't see it then you need to zoom out or rotate the phone. Do not use special characters in the password. Use the tel no/email address you first used.

Good morning all my fellow sufferers! So, I am on the latest version (2.0.2) and is basically a chocolate fire guard! I would not trust it at all, especially for scheduled charging which is the important function for us as we want to use our night time EV tariff.

I set the schedule it says saved, holds it for a short time and then drops it! I am experimenting this morning with leaving the app open on the schedule charging screen and seeing if that is what I need to do…..but I will revert to setting the schedule in the car if this doesn’t hold the schedule.

Also it’s not showing what charge is remaining on the car, then it does, then it doesn’t….and finally it told me this morning the internal temperature of the car is 87 degrees centigrade, 🤔

I get the same thing trying to set scheduled times via iSmart. It doesn't save them and often the car reverts to its default settings. Set the times in the car and there is no problem. I have to say I have given up on iSmart, it does nothing I want. Remote start of the car's heating would be nice but my SR does not support that.

Good morning all my fellow sufferers! So, I am on the latest version (2.0.2) and is basically a chocolate fire guard! I would not trust it at all, especially for scheduled charging which is the important function for us as we want to use our night time EV tariff.

I set the schedule it says saved, holds it for a short time and then drops it! I am experimenting this morning with leaving the app open on the schedule charging screen and seeing if that is what I need to do…..but I will revert to setting the schedule in the car if this doesn’t hold the schedule.

Also it’s not showing what charge is remaining on the car, then it does, then it doesn’t….and finally it told me this morning the internal temperature of the car is 87 degrees centigrade, 🤔
2.0.2? Latest on android is still 2.0.1 for me

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel