Just noticed that I can not pre heat the car more then 2 times before it says no. In the old app it was 3 times.
Nope - in the old app it was also 2 times. (At least that's what the popup message said - I never actually tried to use the remote preheat more than twice).

2.0.2? Latest on android is still 2.0.1 for me
iOS version got a further update ... Android is still 2.0.1. :)

Please read the other threads on this subject. Siteguru gives sound advice on this subject.

The app has been updated; you will need to accept again the T&C's, a tick box, at the bottom of the screen. If you can't see it then you need to zoom out or rotate the phone. Do not use special characters in the password. Use the tel no/email address you first used.
thanks but cant see the tickbox at bottom text wont turn or zoom out

got it , thanks for your help

@Gordon I have a standard range, and the remote heating works fine.
Personally, I haven’t had any issues with the iSMART app but it must be very irritating for those who have.

Good morning all my fellow sufferers! So, I am on the latest version (2.0.2) and is basically a chocolate fire guard! I would not trust it at all, especially for scheduled charging which is the important function for us as we want to use our night time EV tariff.

I set the schedule it says saved, holds it for a short time and then drops it! I am experimenting this morning with leaving the app open on the schedule charging screen and seeing if that is what I need to do…..but I will revert to setting the schedule in the car if this doesn’t hold the schedule.

Also it’s not showing what charge is remaining on the car, then it does, then it doesn’t….and finally it told me this morning the internal temperature of the car is 87 degrees centigrade, 🤔
Mine is the Android version. I too had 'a heavily heated car' but a refresh or two cooled him off to 8 deg.
My gripe with the app is that it looses connection with the car quite easily. The car is parked to the right of our house and indoors it often just doesn't connect. The poor thing about the app is that it then 'freezes'. No response whatsoever. Only solution is free cache, force a stop and restart the app in... the bedroom upstairs.
If connection is bad, it also does not provide the estimated range, no gps so no location, activating A/C does not work, and the car scan fails as well.
Although better error messages could help, I think this is not an app issue only. It comes from a poor 4g data connection of the car, I think.
Scheduled load not tested since I only have access to public chargers with flat rates.

The SW heater was missing in the old app too.
Not sure about versions, but my old app had it for the 2 months i used the app. And i used that feature a lot and quite loved it, so for me to loose it is a minor fault. If i may have taken a screenshot i will share it here. Too bad to hear different owners have different features then.

I have an mg4 se and I’ve been using ISMART for over a year now and it was brilliant it would do anything it said in the app,the car recently went in for a service and software update and guess what ismart doesn’t work anymore ,tried to bind with the car car says already bonded.So I rang customer service and they tell me they are having trouble with their own system.Anyone else had this experience?…

P

Please detail your problem a bit more. As siteguru keeps saying: you should not need to bind the car again.

What phone have you got? Have you or the phone updated the app recently? Is the login screen greyed out? Are you logging in with the same credentials as you used when you first created the account?

Today, the app could not connect to the car even after unlocking/locking but it will probably be ok in a few hours.

There is a thread about iSmart problems.

Please detail your problem a bit more. As siteguru keeps saying: you should not need to bind the car again.

What phone have you got? Have you or the phone updated the app recently? Is the login screen greyed out? Are you logging in with the same credentials as you used when you first created the account?

Today, the app could not connect to the car even after unlocking/locking but it will probably be ok in a few hours.

There is a thread about iSmart problems.
Hi guru I have an I phone I have updated the app the login is not greyed out and I am just clicking on the app and a picture of the rear of my car appears with a blue line across it and a message saying to bind I try to bind with the car and it says you are already bonded???

In Australia I'm pretty sure iSmart becomes a subscription service after the first year.
😧 Who would pay for it ?
It's not of merchantable quality, I certainly wouldn't 🤨
Despicable Me What GIF by Trending

In Australia I'm pretty sure iSmart becomes a subscription service after the first year.
I've had my SE SR (your Excite 51) for more than 13 months ... iSmart app (even the updated one) still works just fine for me, and no sign of needing a subscription. 🤷‍♂️

Jollyman, no-one has mentioned the blue line across the car before. Can you send a screenshot?

As we have AUS posters can you please confirm you are from Exeter, UK.

Hi Martin online yes I am in exeter uk and the blue line is the qr code scan line on my mobile trying to scan the car.When I present it to the qr code on the cars qr code it says car already binded

Works fine for me.
Mine doesn't show any station even if it detects the car at the right at the correct location. In fact, nothing is shown, not even the supermarket....

I've never seen this behaviour before, that the main page was getting the data, but the charging management page wasn't. Odd.
It's happening again..... what strikes me is that in my house it has lots of problem of even showing the GOM. It does refresh the car status, it sometimes gets connected to car gps. But that is it...

(Ommmmmmmmmmmm - chants to remain calm and serene ..... ;))

tl;dr - if you can't already see your bound car in the app, you're logged in to the wrong account.

If you've previously used the app, and can no longer use it in the new version, but you are logged in, then ... you are logged in to the wrong account! Simple as that.

You MUST login using the original details you used when creating your account. If that was via email, use that ... if via phone number (without the leading 0), use that. I don't care if you've previously been able to login via either method in the old app, you MUST login (first time) using the original login details.

But that is all I have ever done when I deleted my app and reinstalled it I had exactly the same picture appear ie the back of the car and a BIND request which I clicked on and the moving blue line appeared as I have previously explained.I put in exactly the same details ,my friend

But I will check it out

But that is all I have ever done when I deleted my app and reinstalled it I had exactly the same picture appear ie the back of the car and a BIND request which I clicked on and the moving blue line appeared as I have previously explained.I put in exactly the same details ,my friend

But I will check it out

You shouldn't need to scan any QR codes or even be in the car. I uninstalled the old app and then installed the new version. Then on the login page I used the same details as the old one. Some people are having trouble logging in if their password has special characters. In which case tap the forgot password button so you can reset it.

Today, when I tried to pre-condition the car before driving (switching on cabin heating and seats) using the I Smart app I was repeatedly given an 'illegal request' notice. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but when I try to log in I get 'This service is not available, please try again later'. This has been going on all day so I'm not sure how much later 'later' actually is!

If anyone out there has experienced the same and managed to find a way round it I would be eternally grateful for some advice.

Thank you all.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel