MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

I don’t know if you’ve actually tried this on a run, but mine simply turns itself back on outer a couple of minutes and off it goes again
This is why I turned the volume down to two (on some sub menu I found whilst playing).

I did not select this option, as I wanted to hear some of the other chimes if needs be.

No idea what I am doing at the moment, but sure all will become apparent 😂

as another member has posted, looks like a software update will sort this annoying issue out soon 👍

This is why I turned the volume down to two (on some sub menu I found whilst playing).

I did not select this option, as I wanted to hear some of the other chimes if needs be.

No idea what I am doing at the moment, but sure all will become apparent 😂

as another member has posted, looks like a software update will sort this annoying issue out soon 👍
If you figure out how you did that it would be handy if you could let me know how. 👍🏻

Yes the detection one does come back on which is annoying but the sound seems to stay off
Pretty sure my sound doesnt stay off as we had it on & off all the way back from Leeds yesterday, will double check tomorrow - but it’s also a bit inconsistent as it wasn’t triggering anywhere as much when my wife was driving the car, wondering if your software is different given the update ppl keep referring to.

Last edited:
Pretty sure my sound doesnt stay off as we had it on & off all the way back from Leeds yesterday, will double check tomorrow - but it’s also a bit inconsistent as it wasn’t triggering anywhere as much when my wife was driving the car, wondering if your software is different given the update ppl keep referring to.
Quite possibly. Have you tried to update the software yourself via settings?

Hmmm? Sorry for being personal but does your wife sit closer to the steering wheel?
Was the steering wheel in a position so the sensor was focused more centrally on her face?

Hmmm? Sorry for being personal but does your wife sit closer to the steering wheel?
Was the steering wheel in a position so the sensor was focused more centrally on her face?
She does and I’m taller - don’t think she adjusted the steering wheel - this had also crossed my mind as the camera is fixed on the top of the steering column.

Checking for software updates on the car infotainment screen was the first thing I tried when I got it home on Wednesday the car didn’t the come up with anything.

It did it the day I picked it up, set it up to my position and still did it all the way for an hour

I had this on my test drive. I did wonder if it was affected by my wearing glasses? reflections causing problems?

I also couldn't find how to disable it.

Hi found this in the manual page 75/76. 2 screen shots below top part of the first one as nothing to do with it it about the lights so ignore that please
Les

A7E30D8A-ACB0-4F42-8053-215AD181F09C.png
24A57918-3D0A-4CBF-9FF7-81BA4CA9ADA7.png

Hi found this in the manual page 75/76. 2 screen shots below top part of the first one as nothing to do with it it about the lights so ignore that please
Les

View attachment 11399View attachment 11400
Doesn't seem a way to over-ride it though. So, I was thinking as I was driving this morning, would it beep for example if you're not looking straight ahead? If you look out your side window at a turning? Or if you're reversing? How sensitive is it. Could be a deal breaker

So I tried it on the way to MG for them to look at my TPMS fault :-( and the alert sound definitely stays off... but the warning message comes back on if you turn it off.

It definitely tracks your eyes because I didn't move my head... only my eyes and it warned me after like 2 seconds.

So I can live with the little icon and message every now and again... thank god the sound doesn't constantly beep. I was listening to the radio too so it wasn't because it was muted or anything.

Ive turned my lane assist off and will only use it on motorways and long journeys... its throwing it down with rain so theres huge puddles on the road and a couple of times it did not want me to go around puddles at short notice without indicating which is dangerous... sometimes you dont have time to indicate when you need to react.

A very helpful chap at Luscombes told me to try this, as it stores some settings on other models;

go to settings -> Disable the drowsiness warning
press and hold the home button under the screen for 10s to reset the system to save the setting

Did this at lunchtime - turned car off / on again and it did seem to remember the change but won’t get chance to see if it’s disabled it fully on the road until tomorrow now.

Unfortunately it didn’t remember the driving mode though - gonna have to relent and add this to the user button rather than the heating

A very helpful chap at Luscombes told me to try this, as it stores some settings on other models;

go to settings -> Disable the drowsiness warning
press and hold the home button under the screen for 10s to reset the system to save the setting

Did this at lunchtime - turned car off / on again and it did seem to remember the change but won’t get chance to see if it’s disabled it fully on the road until tomorrow now.

Unfortunately it didn’t remember the driving mode though - gonna have to relent and add this to the user button rather than the heating
Very interesting and very strange... I will try it

Yeah for sure. Doesn't have that dodgy device in top of the steering wheel staring into your eyes.
That's interesting - because MG's own website does not define Driver Attention Alert as a Trophy-only feature:

• Active Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection
  • Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning System
  • Traffic Jam Assist
  • Intelligent Speed Limit Assist with Traffic Sign Recognition
  • Intelligent High Beam Assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Driver Attention Alert
  • Blind Spot Detection^^
  • Lane Change Assist^^
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert^^
  • Door Opening Warning^^

^^ Available on Trophy Long Range only