MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

This is not fitted to SE.

Screenshot_20220930-134544.png

A very helpful chap at Luscombes told me to try this, as it stores some settings on other models;

go to settings -> Disable the drowsiness warning
press and hold the home button under the screen for 10s to reset the system to save the setting

Did this at lunchtime - turned car off / on again and it did seem to remember the change but won’t get chance to see if it’s disabled it fully on the road until tomorrow now.

Unfortunately it didn’t remember the driving mode though - gonna have to relent and add this to the user button rather than the heating
Tried that... when I switch the car back on the setting is still off..... however over a certain speed (something like 35 mph maybe) it switches back on.

If you block the sensor it gives you another warning.

Tried that... when I switch the car back on the setting is still off..... however over a certain speed (something like 35 mph maybe) it switches back on.

Thanks anyway, for the tip to turn off the warning tone under the turning off the DDW function. And this has remained off.

All I get now it the caption now and then, but I can deal with that, and as the fix is rumoured to be coming out soon, no longer an issue for me.

Darn! was worth a shot though.

Check the fuses in the manual and see if it has a new warning if it's not operational

Rather than disabling the warning, disabling the alert sound underneath the disable warning button works a treat, 175mile driven and hardly noticed it today 👍🏻

Another bonus the car seems to remember the audible alert is disabled when you turn the vehicle off.

the message still appears every time I twitch but ha ho at least no sound 😁👍🏻 Enjoying the car sooooo much now that’s stopped

The “Think about taking a rest break” tea cup ☕️ warning has been a thing on VAG cars for a long time.
But it only warns after a couple of hours of driving.

The worst thing about my 20 minute test drive of the MG4 Trophy was the alert telling me to keep my eyes in the road. It kept going off even when I was glancing at the speed in the display behind the steering wheel. Maybe it’s because I’m 6’3 and had the seat pretty much all the way back.

It’s a good idea in principle to prompt drivers to look at the road. But the execution is poor and the software needs improving. I think a system like this needs a lot of refinement and it feels like a beta release.

I didn’t have the opportunity in the limited time of the test drive to explore how to turn it off.

I tried holding my thumb over the sensor for a while and it didn’t go off then. Maybe you can stick something over it permanently.

Anyone else having this annoying problem? Did you try covering the sensor?

Last edited:
The worst thing about my 20 minute test drive was the alert telling me to keep my eyes in the road. It kept going off even when I was glancing at the speed in the display behind the steering wheel. Maybe it’s because I’m 6’3 and had the seat pretty much all the way back.
I tried holding my thumb over the sensor for a while and it didn’t go off then. Maybe you can stick something over it permanently.

Anyone else having this annoying problem? Did you try covering the sensor?
Yes everyone having the same problem. You can turn the audio alert off but not the actual alert on the screen.

If you cover the sensor up for a while you just get another warning. There's another thread about this been going a while and we all hope MG does something about it.

I emailed customer services and they said this is how it is. If you change most settings they just revert when you switch the car back on. Very annoying

I don’t see a thread with focus warning in the title. For SEO purposes, there needs to be one.
If you change most settings they just revert when you switch the car back on. Very annoying
It’s beta software in a release product, then. This feels like similar to the initial software in the ZS EV. The MG software people aren’t awesome. My background is software development. Remembering settings is a basic requirement that I would have ensured happens on the car out of the box.

The Direct Driver Monitoring System is only present on the Trophy spec. SE owners do not have this issue.

I don’t see a thread with focus warning in the title. For SEO purposes, there needs to be one.

It’s beta software in a release product, then. This feels like similar to the initial software in the ZS EV. The MG software people aren’t awesome. My background is software development. Remembering settings is a basic requirement that I would have ensured happens on the car out of the box.

It is not unusual for settings that are designed for "safety" to reset or self enable when the car is switched on again. Some cars even reset the autohold everytime you turn off the car.

The Direct Driver Monitoring System is only present on the Trophy spec. SE owners do not have this issue.
Well hopefully they fix this in the Trophy before my partner gets one. It’s going to be a while and if MG react like they did with the ZS EV, they should fix it in an update relatively soon.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back