Mg4 trophy sales drop like a stone!

Oh look it's another random giving out the troll comments as a comeback to what was obviously a tongue in cheek comment.

At least you will be able to feel all good inside that you got to call out the troll online. Speaks volumes that you started your sentence with "ooh look everyone"
Give yourself a wee thumbs up in the mirror, well done
Le Troll if you don’t mind please.

My last passport photo

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.3878944850_bid2.jpg
    il_fullxfull.3878944850_bid2.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 49
It’s got to be your new profile pic!

Firstly those recommendations are from some time ago and made before the Byd was available. The price difference is only £800 and for that you get a full panoramic sunroof not a little sunroof and a Heat pump, which will give a much better range in the winter. Just those two additions over the trophy make it the sensible choice but add in a much better interior, alloy wheels without some horrible plastic cover and more importantly a car without a ton of problems and safety issues. You’d have to be a complete numpty to purchase an mg4 to save £800
Have you seen the latest comparison, still doesn't look good . You didnt answer my question - Are you on the BYD form ?
What Safety issues are those that the MG4 has ? If they are as. bad as you claim why has it a 5* NCAP rating ?
The byd is a brand new car so I think you are setting your expectations a little high/ being slightly delusional if you believe that these wont have similar issues to MG4 and what ID3 had.
Happy motoring in your BYD , guessing you wont be back here to tell us any complaints you have with this when you buy it. 👋👋👋👋

Errr?? - MG4 is now only behind Tesla in terms of Q1 UK Sales 2023

Errr?? - MG4 is now only behind Tesla in terms of Q1 UK Sales 2023

This looks very good when you take into account the massive price cut that Tesla came with only a month or so back.
Les

MG were crowing about this on twitter.
I asked how many had been rejected.
Still waiting….

This looks very good when you take into account the massive price cut that Tesla came with only a month or so back.
Les

Remember the “massive price cut” Teslas were stock cars and will be limited supply.
Also there is no doubt in my mind Tesla’s peculiar PCP pricing structure is harming their sales.
If they got their PCP prices in line with other cars of the same purchase value, they’d sell a lot more.

What would be good to know is the split between the 3 models SE SR/ LR and Trophy.
Les
At launch, its was expected to be something like 40%/20%/40% - they must be churning out hundreds each day?? - if worldwide demand is as high in the UK, if they are already no. 2 BEV?

I should maybe say Tesla would sell ‘even more’ if their PCP deals were better.
According to someone on twitter the other day, a large Tesla dealership was something to see the other day.
Literally scores of people waiting in a line ti collect their cars.
Like a queue for a fairground ride, your turn, get in, go.

I should maybe say Tesla would sell ‘even more’ if their PCP deals were better.
According to someone on twitter the other day, a large Tesla dealership was something to see the other day.
Literally scores of people waiting in a line ti collect their cars.
Like a queue for a fairground ride, your turn, get in, go.
Their PCP deals are like that because their strategy is to massively grow production, reduce prices and flood the market. It is all part of their 20 million global sales goal. However, it will ruin second hand values and they know it and want consumers to pay for it. There will be a backlash at some point, I predict.

Has the Trophy outsold the SE by a large number.
Because looking at the issues on this forum, the Trophy version seems to suffer many more problems than the SE.

Their PCP deals are like that because their strategy is to massively grow production, reduce prices and flood the market. It is all part of their 20 million global sales goal. However, it will ruin second hand values and they know it and want consumers to pay for it. There will be a backlash at some point, I predict.
I don’t understand the logic (I may have missed the point). By providing poor PCP deals how do Tesla grow production? They are selling more due to a drop in price (they had a glut) but the point was they could sell even more if their PCP deals were better as well.
As far as flooding the market - even though prices have been reduced they will reach saturation at this price point. I don’t see how Tesla single handedly can ruin second hand prices across the board. How and why do Tesla want customers to pay for it? What sort of backlash?
The adjustment we are seeing is due to prices coming back to normal after an artificially high period. Tesla don’t control the used car market.

Tesla prices dropped, their Apr rate on their PCP deals are actually lower than MG's their issue is the guaranteed future value, it's lower which means you have to pay more of the balance back during your term, therefore higher monthly payments.

It's not just Tesla dropping prices you can get 23 plate vauxhall e corsas now for £26995.

Exactly- residuals affect PCP and lease deals. Strong residuals mean better deals, but not the crazy high prices that we have seen - it’s normalising.

I was mostly impressed with the upmarket interior.

What didnt impress was the following in large chrome letters across the rear

BUILD YOUR DREAMS

TackyView attachment 16303
I tried to make friends with that Build Your Dreams badge because I find the story behind it to be truly inspirational, but after a month I succumbed to the naff, took up a fine piece of fishing line and some isopropyl alcohol and removed the badge. Many other Kiwis have done the same.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back