My Ownership Log: MG4 Trophy

I tend to use a clay mitt on the bugs. Wipes them off in an instant and with very minimal effort. Just remember to keep it and the surface damp…on that note, the MG4 is a bug magnet!

Can you spray it fine over a wide area for the bugs? I'm thinking of my bug-graveyard windscreen. The video just shows spot treatment of bird poo blobs.
Yes you can, i spray the frontage of the car between headlights because as someone said, the MG is a bug magnet due to no grill.

They also do a glass spray which works well. All used with a microfiber cloth

I tried the ACC yesterday, at the urging of my passenger. I might try it again, sometime.
When you do, have a listen for that high pitched budgie under the bonnet. With the bird mess problem too, you may be able to kill two birds with one stone !

Oh, I've noticed the AC condenser noise already, although it isn't enough to bother me. You can be sure the AC was already on yesterday, it was absolutely baking.

Oh, I've noticed the AC condenser noise already, although it isn't enough to bother me. You can be sure the AC was already on yesterday, it was absolutely baking.
Horses for courses of course, it bothers me as it's not how it should be on a new car and could cause a malfunction in a relatively short amount of time. Mine is in for the repair on 5th July (compressor oil change) so hopefully I will have a chirp free summer.

I'm not sure if the noise is the same on every car. I wouldn't have thought there was anything out of the ordinary about the sound if people here hadn't been commenting about it.
There has been a lot of chat about it and there is a specific thread for it. Here: Aircon pump squeak / chirp.

Definitely an issue I am not willing to live with on a new car

Yes, I saw that thread. This is what makes me think the sound is different in different cars. I had no idea it wasn't normal, and the character of the sound is such that I'd be perfectly prepared to live with it if it was "normal" for the car.

Yes, it's an abnormal sound to come from an AC compressor in a new car. Indicating the potential for imminent failure of the component, again something I am not prepared to be stoic about or allow to progress to an undesirable outcome. Hence mine is booked in for repair

An update you may want to ensure is on your list, is the update which allows the AC system to be activated remotely from the app whilst the car is plugged into a charger (useful for cold mornings). This is not an update to the infotainment system but an update to the cars internal systems.

Thanks, that is on my radar.

I also have a wish-list of bug fixes, because how are they going to know people want these bugs fixed unless customers tell them?

I have never seen any oil leak, but I haven't inspected the undertray closely. I did give it a cursory glance on collection, saying what I was doing, so the dealer knows I am aware. However I had pulled a muscle in my back out riding and I was standing on a raised pavement a few inches ablve the roadway where the car was parked, so I really didn't get a good look. Should I make a point of crawling underneath the damn thing?

You may be able to see using a mirror. What you should look for is the rear panel, the car has a front panel which reaches from the front of the car to just in front of the rear wheels I believe. Its where they join that warping occurs due to an ill fitting, there may be bulging on the panel too.
The warping in effect creates a kind of scoop which will pull in air and potentially cause drag on the car. Moreover the gaps may allow ingress of road debris which may have an adverse effect on the motor that the panel is supposed to protect.

Yes, it's an abnormal sound to come from an AC compressor in a new car. Indicating the potential for imminent failure of the component, again something I am not prepared to be stoic about or allow to progress to an undesirable outcome. Hence mine is booked in for repair
But it sounds almost identical to every mk1 Nissan leaf. The only difference is it has a much greater variable speed and so slows down more as far as I can see….or should that be hear😜 so it sounds “chirpy”

Maybe the oil change was bs and they did something else to quiet the one mentioned. Maybe it was a thicker oil they added, maybe that will cause more issues, who knows.

The only thing I can say is my MG4 makes the noise but it is no louder than out Leaf always has been.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back