New small Tesla

Will I ditch to switch

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
Yup, got to give them that. Not looking forward to handing over a couple of hundred hard earned for a bunch of ticks on a piece of paper and a scratchy car wash.
VW are planning a 20K ish Golf MK4 size EV with LFP cells and front drive.
Will be stunned if it does come in at that price.
It will have to or VW will massively lose market share. Chinese vehicles will be at that price soon. Although we have had a blip with rising costs, EVs soon will be cheaper to make than ICE and already are sold in China at not much more than half the price we pay here. I think by 2025 we will see a flood of (truly) cheap options.

Elon has a habit of over promising and under delivering, just look at the cyber truck, I doubt any new Tesla will be delivered in the UK before 2024
Indeed, I read some time last year I think it was in Autoexpress that the new small Tesla would be £18k, more like double that for the UK market!

Apparently due to be confirmed at the big Tesla event on the 1st March, somone is plugging these as the potential car, looks a lot like a Ford Focus to me

Attachments

• 20230226_091732.jpg
    20230226_091732.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20230226_091738.jpg
    20230226_091738.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230226_091745.jpg
    20230226_091745.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20230226_091751.jpg
    20230226_091751.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 103
Nice
Hate silver with a passion, but still nice.
I agree I get all the anti Musk stuff but Tesla can build an electric car and if they get this out sooner rather than later at anywhere near the price quoted, even if the short range starts at say £30k that will be a proper came changer.

Love them our hate them we all know Tesla's have the best charging network, best servicing system, and are pretty much amongst the most efficient EVs out there (according to EV database) and that is older tech. They do know how to build a successful EV.

Apparently due to be confirmed at the big Tesla event on the 1st March, somone is plugging these as the potential car, looks a lot like a Ford Focus to me
As soon as Tesla is able to serve the sub-25K market the traditional car manufacturers could be in deep sh*t. Ford has killed the Fiesta instead of offering an electric small car. Will Fiesta buyers migrate to the Puma (much bigger, much more expensive)? BMW offers no replacement for the i3. What should i3 customers go for? Will they really pay almost double the price for a much bigger i4 or iX1 or will they migrate to another brand? Maybe I am the idiot, but I think the market demands affordable electric cars in the segments people have always been buying cars in. And unfortunately right now it's the Chinese who offer them.

I would absolutely rather give my money to a democratic country and ally, despite Musk being an annoying manbaby, although it will likely be produced in China anyway.
Can't argue with tesla efficiency and this car looks ok if the pics are accurate.
Only thing that would rule it out for me would be if the rumoured deletion of all the steering column stalks goes ahead.
If you watched Bjorn Nyland's test drive of the 'plaid' you'll know what I mean, truly awful driving experience, ruins the car IMO.

Dont trust any concept or pre release pictures. As you can see on the picture, this is a concept made by an individual and probably doesnt show anything from a model 2/q.

Dont trust any concept or pre release pictures. As you can see on the picture, this is a concept made by an individual and probably doesnt show anything from a model 2/q.
They are obviously just ideas, everyone knows people are just speculating with designs.
As said hopefully they announce the plans on the 1st

Never had a wiper on my Arteon and didn't miss it when moving, kept clear with airflow.
Only time it helped was on a rainy or frosty morning and reversing out the house, easily fixed by reversing in at night

Wait and see people, nothing has been announced, just speculation and probably 2+ years before whatever is announced is available in the UK.
Yeah I heard possibly announced this week for a 2025 launch in the uk

Buying any new car unless you’re in an exceptional market (which has now ended) comes with a huge cost in terms of depreciation.
Good advice is; don’t buy a new car if you don’t want to lose a lot on the purchase cost.
Early adopters of EV’s are also paying a premium. So there are two big factors that mean sooner or later you’re going to take a big hit on your new car value.
As cheaper models of EV’s, offering good range (which is key), emerge, the used EV market will also be further affected.
The current cost of EV’s is being held artificially high by manufacturers (not offering any discounts) because they can get away with it at the moment. As cheaper competitors come along new prices will fall and discounts will filter back in.
The crazy high cost of rapid charging is also a factor that makes EV‘s reliant on DC network charging no cheaper to run than a good ICE.
The fictitious service requirements for an EV, built in by the industry to try to protect revenue, also adds in unnecessary running costs.
More price disruptors like the MG4 can only be a good thing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back