OVO Drive Anytime 5p KWh

Sorry dude! Yup. Meant for Ozzie!
So basically you get 6 hours cheap rate for all electric, however you plug your supported car or charger in at any time of day, tell Octopus when you need it charged by e.g. 6am following morning, and any EV charging needed to achieve that even outside the 6 hours is done at the cheaper rate.

From their FAQ's: "What happens if Intelligent Octopus chooses to charge my car outside of the off-peak window?

Don’t worry, you’ll always get the off-peak rate no matter when the charging happens."

Their strap line is you'll save £100 over Octopus Go.

I’m pretty sure OVO is the new umbrella / owner of SSE so all SSE tariffs will eventually move to OVO.
Correct !

OVO now own SSE. I know because I have been with SSE for years and got a notification that OVO now own it. Still trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to switch, and it's complicated by SSE paying my Feed In Tariff for my solar panels.

Correct !

OVO now own SSE. I know because I have been with SSE for years and got a notification that OVO now own it. Still trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to switch, and it's complicated by SSE paying my Feed In Tariff for my solar panels.
Your FIT is separate. Bulb still pay may FIT but I'm with octopus

Don’t know if people are aware but OVO Drive anytime can be subscribed to and it offers you 5p per KWh anytime.

Obviously the trade off is the slight price increase in the standard rate but I crunched the numbers and it worked out cheaper for me.

I wanted to get a fixed rate for a year, so I compared locking in with current supplier SSE and OVO Drive Anytime. The latter was much cheaper for gas and electricity.

You sign up for “Drive” tariff then add on “Anytime” when you’ve switched.

It’s also from 100% renewable resources, so that’s a large part of it for me too.

Hope it helps someone.

OVO EV tariffs
You need a specific charger - I'm with OVO, have an OVO supplied Project EV smart charger and an OVO installed smart meter - but no go.

I have ovo drive any time
28p kW and 21p standing 5p kw charge 24/7
Gas 8p kw 19p standing
In todays climate I think that's quite good?
I have ohme home pro charger

Unit rate (23:30 - 05:30):
7.50p/ kWh
Unit rate (05:30 - 23:30):
34.86p/ kWh
Standing Charge:
43.12p/ day
Nice - but is it possible to sign up to Intelligent Octopus with an MG5?

Intelligent Octopus is only compatible with a few brands and MG isn’t one of them.
They have recently added ohme so you can use any ev not just ones on the list now that why there have recently been posts of mg owners getting it

Here is a posts where a MG is on Intelligent Octopus thanks to ohme
I'm not sure if any other member is on this tariff so, to satisfy the geekiness in me I have signed up for Intelligent Octopus. I am already on their Go tariff.

I received an email with the instructions on what to download to my phone and as I speak it is doing a test connection through my Ohme Pro. They have said it is in Beta so things may go wrong but we'll see. Someone has to try it out I guess.

I had to remove my schedule from the Ohme Pro (was 0030-0430) and I'll see how it goes. I'll report back with results.

* Now all tests complete and waiting for tariff switch.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom