Compensation is not common when cars have warranty faults, for any maker, ICE or EV.

It is considered enough that it be repaired, not that they have to compensate you (or provide a replacement) while your car is not fixed - though offering a courtesy car for a period is common.

All of this is priced into cars, so if they were to guarantee a hire car, compensate you for inconvenience and loss of opportunity / earnings etc... then the cars might well cost £10k more.

By all means try, but they are likely to offer you a freebie service (or some other product for your car) at most.

Mine has been in the workshop where after some software updates, they confirmed there is indeed an issue with AC charging. It's going back in on monday where they said again they're going to try some updates. I have a feeling that's gonna do bugger all.
As predicted, this didn't go anywhere 😆 They have created a ticket with MG, so we'll see how long this will play out... My home charger has been collecting dust for two months now

Brilliant news!!
Funny enough,my dealer has just phoned to say MG will now pay for a CCU to be replaced!!
They will order one & let me know....😂😂😂
Another call today-more than I've received in a month 😂😂. Car booked in for 19th Feb (or before if the CCU arrives earlier) as CCU due to arrive 14th Feb, which tallies with a previous post about 40 arriving mid Feb 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Another call today-more than I've received in a month 😂😂. Car booked in for 19th Feb (or before if the CCU arrives earlier) as CCU due to arrive 14th Feb,which tally's a previous post about 40 arriving mid Feb 👍
Good, that matches the information I was given, so good to know they are keeping to the plan.

Hi

Has anyone else come across similar situation and, if so, how did they resolve it. On Sunday we couldn’t charge our MG Trophy and we were also getting messages to say the 12V battery was not charging. It went into our nearest MG garage in Gloucester, who finally looked at it today (Wednesday). Tried to speak to the service manager this afternoon but he was unavailable, but was told by a representative from the workshop that there was a problem with the charging unit. OK I thought then please just replace it, however, I was told this repair would need approval by MG but they would not explain why. I then asked how soon this approval would take? They said they didn’t know. I then said can you please ring MG to find out and was told they couldn’t and I would have to chase MG!! It was bought from new so has a full 7 year warranty so why does the repair need approval? Why should I have to chase this up?

Very frustrated

Regards

It's 9 months old, does that make it phase 1 (ours does not have a rear windscreen wiper, which I believe newer models do?)

Thank you for getting back to me. This is a problem with the charging unit in the car (which controls charging of the lithium and 12V battery not the wall charger

Yes you should have the 3 phase charger that was removed on the ones with the rear wiper

Dealer will try software updates before changing the CCU unit

they must have already tried any software options. Managed to speak to service manager and get some clarity. MG head office approval is required if a part costs over £1000, but was assured this normally happens with 24hrs. They can then order the part which could the tricky part as it may not be a “stock” item. They then have to schedule the repair in.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back