MG iSmart 2.0 features & usage thread [no moaning in here please!]

I can't find scheduled heating. (hvac on at 07.00am for example)
Is this removed in the new app?
You can schedule battery heating but not cabin (HVAC) heating.

To schedule battery heating tap the battery % on the first screen then the nut icon at the top right. You then have the options for charging %, scheduled charging and scheduled battery heating.

In Australia we are on Version 1.0.4 and everything has worked perfectly from day 1 when I bought the car in September. It looks like they have just rearranged a few things & modified the graphics a bit in the new version. I am happy with what I have. I use it all the time.

In Sweden MG ZS EV Luxury.
In the old version I had battery preheating. That's gone now. Heating seats via iSmart has never existed. Very strange that the SW is so different in different markets. Apart from left/right side driving, I think the cars are the same. It would be interesting to download the app in UK... My version is 2.0.1 on Android.

Don’t know if anyone tried using the EV charging search on maps. I did and the nearest it came up with was Thailand about 9600 km away from London. All locations settings seem ok so any idea what’s wrong

In Sweden MG ZS EV Luxury.
In the old version I had battery preheating. That's gone now. Heating seats via iSmart has never existed. Very strange that the SW is so different in different markets. Apart from left/right side driving, I think the cars are the same. It would be interesting to download the app in UK... My version is 2.0.1 on Android.
Battery heating should still be in the app ... click on the battery tile near bottom-left and battery heating should be there. If you want schedule battery heating (or scheduled charging) then click on the "nut" at the top-right.

Don’t know if anyone tried using the EV charging search on maps. I did and the nearest it came up with was Thailand about 9600 km away from London. All locations settings seem ok so any idea what’s wrong
Mine works fine.

To the two previous posters, please note the title of THIS thread.

Battery heating should still be in the app ... click on the battery tile near bottom-left and battery heating should be there. If you want schedule battery heating (or scheduled charging) then click on the "nut" at the top-right.
The charging part wit the cogwheel only has percentage and scheduling of charging. Battery heating is missing.

So most of the conversations are mainly about the MG4 which looks like it has more functionality than the MG5 which is disappointing. Has anyone actually used the Front screen defrost/heating function yet? I used it this morning and it worked correctly except there was no heat just AC. Car didn't need defrosting but not impressed to get into a car at 4.30am and it's colder than outside!

Mg ZS Android , Sweden
Keyless functions and defrosting+HVAC+setting temperature.still works. Did an errand without the key fob.
So, quite happy even without the seat heating.

Is there any way to load more skins? theres only one option at the moment "white", just wondered if there was a way to add more?

Is there any way to load more skins? theres only one option at the moment "white", just wondered if there was a way to add more?
Don’t think so. I’d imagine that’ll be another added feature at some point. Depending on how it’s coded, I think they may just be able to add them at the server end.

So most of the conversations are mainly about the MG4 which looks like it has more functionality than the MG5 which is disappointing. Has anyone actually used the Front screen defrost/heating function yet? I used it this morning and it worked correctly except there was no heat just AC. Car didn't need defrosting but not impressed to get into a car at 4.30am and it's colder than outside!
Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but did you set the temperature high. My app has reset the temperature it had previously. I will try with my MG4.

My preheating worked with HI temperature setting. I had to check the car status 3 times to confirm the internal temperature - 19, 87, 19. The MG screen showed the int temp of 9°C before heating then just 2 dashes afterwards.

Note the cabin did not feel 19.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but did you set the temperature high. My app has reset the temperature it had previously. I will try with my MG4.

My preheating worked with HI temperature setting. I had to check the car status 3 times to confirm the internal temperature - 19, 87, 19. The MG screen showed the int temp of 9°C before heating then just 2 dashes afterwards.

Note the cabin did not feel 19.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222-111648_MG iSMART (2).jpg
    Screenshot_20231222-111648_MG iSMART (2).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231222_122308.jpg
    20231222_122308.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 49
as you can see i have activated the front screen but air conditioner comes on as default so when i go to the car as seen in second image it sets to LO so how it's supposed to defrost i don't know. I have set the air con setting to 27c but makes no difference. it worked seamlessly before!

Please read again the title of this thread. Complaints go in the main iSmart 2.0 thread please.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back