Does this thread need moving to the general chat section? Mixing ZS EV and MG4

The new app is working for me now. Not sure there's any great usability advantages, looks like different UI choices for the sake of it, but it does now work. I'd prefer a dark mode option.
For me the digital key is a massive improvement in usability

Only thing I'm not getting is my range on top
1000013127.jpg

Only thing I'm not gettingonly
1000013127.jpg
Only thing I'm not getting is my range on the top and it kicks my WiFi off when the app starts! So far I like the look of the new app... It has a colour feature but no way of changing it to your car colour. And it would be great if it was a trophy model also to match my car

For me the digital key is a massive improvement in usability
I agree! Seems much smoother as I use the digital key all the time!!

What is the benefit of a digital key?

I've never seen a reason to use one when I can just use the real key.
I think the only benefit was if you forget the real key, but then you're depending on the military grade application that MG have put out

What is the benefit of a digital key?

I've never seen a reason to use one when I can just use the real key.
You can keep the real key in a faraday box or pouch and that makes it harder for anyone to steal your car as a result of intercepting the car-key comms.
The Bluetooth connection is of much more limited duration, the digital key in the future will provide more flexibility once it is more established.
It also means you don’t need to carry a phisixsl key. You are less likely to lose a phone than a car key.
You can also share your key with others and give them limited access instead of handing over the key and give them unrestricted full control.
The Bluetooth key works in environments where a physical key might not such as some high interference underground car parks.

Bizzarly, having tried and failed to login to the new app because it kept saying that my email wasn't correct, today it has accepted it. I tried to use my phone number but it would not accept the country code either. Anyway, today I was able to actually log in.

We can but hope for a 2.0.2 release to fix this.
Funny thing is it seems to be working fine now (6pm).
I just opened the app at 6pm and it hasn't asked me to log in again (no token expired message) and the range is still in miles. :unsure:

Works for me* (for an hour or so), then "Token expired".
Don't forget to delete the app cache in the phone settings.
Settings -> Apps -> MG iSmart -> Storage -> Clear cache.

* Pixel 7 Pro on Android 14.
It seems to be working ok since I cleared the cache in the app settings (i.e. not the phone settings).

You can add a password to your saved passwords on iPhone. Just make up a website - I think I typed mg123456.something.co.uk (not exactly that, but you get the idea)
Thanks for that …. got it working now using your method but a bit more complicated as I have Norton Password Manager on my IPhone which it defaults to. But it worked the same way once I added it manually to that 👍. Much easier and quicker to login now 🙂

Im in the app, but it wants me to re bind the car to the new app - Goes to bind via the car - Now wants me to unbind the car from the previous app -

Im in the app, but it wants me to re bind the car to the new app - Goes to bind via the car - Now wants me to unbind the car from the previous app -
Your car isn't bound to the app it's bound to your account.

Confirmed here that no Token message now appears so I can access the app right away.

Only thing I'm not getting is my range on topView attachment 22309

Pull down on the screen to refresh it to see the range. Also you may need to scan the car first (the 2nd icon from the left; looks like a shield with a heartbeat monitor on it).

Help please, I too had to upgrade the software today on my iphone8 but i dont get the little T+C tick box under the logon button. I can't page down (or dont know how to in app) and I'm not sure what else to do. I've reinstalled the app. Rebooted phone. It works on my husbands iphone 13 just not on mine.

It'll be hiding behind your onscreen keyboard (probably). Can you tap elsewhere on the screen to hide the keyboard?

It'll be hiding behind your onscreen keyboard (probably). Can you tap elsewhere on the screen to hide the keyboard?
no keyboard showing but no tick box either so logon button is not clickable. I even tried to reduce text size in phone settings but its not using those for the logon screen

Last edited:
Help please, I too had to upgrade the software today on my iphone8 but i dont get the little T+C tick box under the logon button. I can't page down (or dont know how to in app) and I'm not sure what else to do. I've reinstalled the app. Rebooted phone. It works on my husbands iphone 13 just not on mine.
Could it be an IOS version problem ? Are you on IOS 17 or is your phone too old ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back