Could it be an IOS version problem ? Are you on IOS 17 or is your phone too old ?
I'm on the latest version of 17, it's still a supported phone.

Update solved: I solved mine, in phone settings under display and brightness, page down. I had Display Zoom set to large text, once I changed that to standard I could see the tick box and can now log in

Last edited:
Hy all
I tried to login to my updated ismart app and I can’t get logged in and my radio buttons on wheel have gone crazy and no matter what I do it goes to full volume and I can’t get media and volume line off Home Screen.

Thanks for that …. got it working now using your method but a bit more complicated as I have Norton Password Manager on my IPhone which it defaults to. But it worked the same way once I added it manually to that 👍. Much easier and quicker to login now 🙂
Logged in ok..... but getting the remote control instruction failed... Try again later... Since yesterday... Anyone any ideas how to sort that

Help please, I too had to upgrade the software today on my iphone8 but i dont get the little T+C tick box under the logon button. I can't page down (or dont know how to in app) and I'm not sure what else to do. I've reinstalled the app. Rebooted phone. It works on my husbands iphone 13 just not on mine.
Helpf please too 🙏
Same as above ⬆️
My phones a SE with latest IOS

Doesn't work for me - both login methods still revert to KM after login. (I usually login via phone number).
I’ve just double checked and it definitely seems to be working for me. If I log my wife’s phone in with email, app defaults to KM, if I then log in with my phone number, defaults to miles… This is on iOS though so maybe only working for iPhones…?

So, my app works fine….. only it’s not connected to my car! but to a car located about 30 miles from me. I’ve deleted and re-installed the app, tried to unbind, but that just fails after entering the code. I can see the other cars VIN is different to mine as shown in the app, but other details, like colour black pearl and year 2022 are correct

I would imagine both cars bought from the same dealer, and something is screwed up in the database. Though everything was fine for the last year, before app update

Obviously I won’t mess with someone else’s car, but I did flash the lights and horn, and got a success notification. However I have the ability to track their car, walk up unlock it and drive it away

Other obvious worry is, does someone have access to my car? and is the security system now compromised?

Have sent strong email to dealer and will chase tomorrow

So, my app works fine….. only it’s not connected to my car! but to a car located about 30 miles from me. I’ve deleted and re-installed the app, tried to unbind, but that just fails after entering the code. I can see the other cars VIN is different to mine as shown in the app, but other details, like colour black pearl and year 2022 are correct

I would imagine both cars bought from the same dealer, and something is screwed up in the database. Though everything was fine for the last year, before app update

Obviously I won’t mess with someone else’s car, but I did flash the lights and horn, and got a success notification. However I have the ability to track their car, walk up unlock it and drive it away

Other obvious worry is, does someone have access to my car? and is the security system now compromised?

Not ideal, is the vin anything like yours? Except obviously the manufacturer and year parts

Not ideal, is the vin anything like yours? Except obviously the manufacturer and year parts
VINs are completely different. Wondered whether the scan of the very small QR code messed up, and read some data wrong or it’s all down to app issues. But I cant unbind now without MGs help

You might be able to unlock it, but won’t be able to start it without enabling the digital key which is most likely already bound to their phone.

Agree - you'd need your phone to have a Bluetooth pairing with their car for the DK to be able to start it.

However - if you're able to unlock it and get in it, maybe the screen will come up and let you make a pairing? 🤷‍♂️

Finally got mine working !! Thanks to this thread I was'nt aware of the update so did this for the Apple IOS Update. This is just the steps I did to get it working, some are probably not needed.

1. I did not open (old) app after reading this thread.
2. I went to Apple Updates and updated all apps showing, including MG Ismart which was there.
3. Got my email and password ready just in case.
4. Unlocked the car to wake it up.
5. Opened the new Ismart App and was greeted with a login page !
6. Entered my correct email and password and ticked all the accept buttons it said "Fail to get ..... email ..... User Info from tenant "
7. Tried again to login, failed again !!
8. Closed all apps and shut down Iphone.
9. Restarted Iphone 30 seconds later and opened app again.
10.Entered the same correct email and password and hey presto it logged me in

Now lets see how long it lasts.

First impressions are not that great ... it took me a while to find charging management page and I much prefer the old black skin.

I suspect the servers will be busy with everyone trying it out so should settle down over the next few days.
This was very useful for me. I suspect the key points are:
1. Use the email/phone number that you used to bind the car. If it’s asking you to bind the car then I think you likely have the wrong account somehow. (I had this issue a couple of weeks back with my pre-owned car - it was still bound to the previous owner’s account. The only way to unbind a car so you can bind it is if the account or MG unbind the car.)
2. If it’s not connecting then unlock the car and refresh the app.

The above worked first time for me - on both v2 and v2.0.1. I’m on iOS.

If they sort out the login timeout issue (which must be easy, yes?) then I think the app looks better. It took me a few goes to realise that the charging page came up when you clicked on “battery”, and the nut at the top of that page set the target battery %. I’ll be interested in learning about the “digital management” next’….

Not sure, but the app allowed me to setup the digital key, this was before I knew it wasn’t my car.
Also if they had already blinded to a phone I shouldn’t have been able to bind my phone

Also the digital key doesn’t work with my car

But they may have bound to your car (as yours seems to be bound to there's), so no obvious sign that binding is wrong (apart from location, and state of charge). Obviously the DK will work for the car that is bound to that account (not phone) - so in that case you could drive away their car IF you could make a Bluetooth connection to it.

Helpf please too 🙏
Same as above ⬆️
My phones a SE with latest IOS
I solved mine, in phone settings under display and brightness, page down. I had Display Zoom set to large Text, once I changed that to standard I could see the tick box and can now log in

Agree - you'd need your phone to have a Bluetooth pairing with their car for the DK to be able to start it.

However - if you're able to unlock it and get in it, maybe the screen will come up and let you make a pairing? 🤷‍♂️
I'm pretty sure the DK does not need a BT pairing. It connects to the cars "other" SAIC id via BT LE. That's how you can unlock via BT before the car is active, and share the key with another person.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back