Yep. Me too. It just randomly stopped working out of the blue. I couldn’t even confirm the car was sitting on my drive, disaster.
I was going to ask the same question but this thread has confirmed that it wasn’t me or my app, it’s them!
Anyway, I had a nice 30 minutes sitting on my own in the car checking the Settings, restarting the phone, listening to the radio, confirming that I can sit in the car and fiddle with the charging without stopping it charging….. result, Phew.

I think I realised the minute I started getting the "service unavailable, please try again later" messages at about lunchtime that it was the servers. So apart from periodically refreshing the screen to see if it was going to update, I didn't do anything else. I know the car was at 91% at ten past five, so at least I've nothing to worry about there. It'll be done and balanced by now.

Mine also not working very well since the app was upgraded, mine shows my tank is at 0% but i don't have a tank, duh, its been like this for 2 weeks,
Screenshot iSmart MG.jpg

I got an error displayed over the ismart app:

Code:
Failed to handle request [GET http://gateway-mg-eu.soimt.com /api.app/v1/vehicle/status?vin= xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx&vehStatusReqType=2]: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE "Unable to find instance for icarx-vehicle

It's only me?

Code:
Failed to handle request [GET http://gateway-mg-eu.soimt.com /api.app/v1/vehicle/status?vin= xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx&vehStatusReqType=2]: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE "Unable to find instance for icarx-vehicle

It's only me?
Yep that's a new addition. I am also now getting this error..

You don't need the app to charge? Just plug it in and ask your charger to charge it. If you mean scheduling by the app for midnight etc I'd suggest you schedule in car instead to be sure.

Code:

It's only me?
Same here.

Code:

It's only me?

I'm just getting the digital key error and - wow, it worked! 100% battery, 145 miles of range!

Still can't get anything on the charging management screen, but the home screen updated at 23:47.

anyone else having trouble with iSmart App this eve? Was working fine this morning but now saying unavailable and errors about remote key.

Does not let me check vehicle status or turn on remote heating. Server issues? Or just me?

Edit: thanks for all responses, it sounds like everybody having issues since around midday 25/01/24. Will update this post again once people start getting in again.
View attachment 23254

View attachment 23255
also just noticed my temperature lol.. 87C! Definitely doesn't feel that warm lol.

I'm getting in now, as of about quarter to midnight. The car has scanned and everything is right, even the internal temperature.

It's still a bit flaky but it has updated three times in fairly quick succession, although the charging management screen still refuses to load.

I have the same problem too. I use iSMART on an apple phone and just completed an update to the apple Operating software and was at first concerned that Apple may have caused the problem. But upon reading this thread and having tried the iSmart app numerous times with the same message "Failed to handle request etc. etc." Having cleared the cache and having signed out of the app and finding it didn't recognise my existing password when I tried to sign in and having then tried the 'forgotten password' routine (without any success) and having found a message saying UNBOUND please bind, I have just decided to give up and go to bed. I think MG needs to find an app developer/maintainer who are expert in knowing what they are doing. Frankly, I think this app is totally less than optimum and just wish they had left it alone (as bad as it was it did seem to work to some extent until they decided to "Improve" it).

Last edited:
Mine too wasn't working yesterday but it is this morning.
I suspect it's Amazon's servers having a wobbly as those who use cloud storage at work know they are prone to do.
And before anyone says anything, MG use AWS (Amazon Web Services)

Last edited:

Code:

It's only me?
For those wondering about SOIMT in the URL above, it is an acronym for SAIC MOTOR Overseas Intelligent Mobility Technology Co. Ltd. Which is a subsidiary of SAIC Motor, responsible for SAICs overseas internet of vehicles business, according to HERE technologies.

My connection has been iffy this morning and I cannot get theEV Management page. I want this because my granny charger tripped on overcurrent this morning and I have had to set 8amps to start charging. Will experiment later and report on another thread.

I too saw the app work this morning and could see everything I needed, However (and there is always a however), the app now seems to take lot longer and, I get the 'Service is not available. try again later' message. So, on the positive side some progress, but unfortunately not enough to be in a position to trust the app (for now). Fingers crossed that they get things fixed soon.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel