Mine's still a bit iffy, but since it was working last night and the car's fully charged I'm not fussed. If I can't pre-heat it, well at least it's not actually freezing.

Mine's still a bit iffy, but since it was working last night and the car's fully charged I'm not fussed. If I can't pre-heat it, well at least it's not actually freezing.
Its 11c and lovely and sunny in Horsham :)

What revision number? (Latest I was aware of for iOS was 2.0.3; Android is still on 2.0.2).
I have just updated to version 2.0.4 on my Iphone and then rebooted, it is displaying a similar message as yesterday.
Still no communication with the car - "The service is not available, please try again later".
I have used the car this morning, so the car is fully awake.

Still seems to be server issues again today. I guess the same as yesterday - worked in morning and stopped around midday.. I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing thing.

Looks like too many connections, like when the app first released - if iOS had an update maybe that is why lots of people downloading and opening it again?

Still seems to be server issues again today. I guess the same as yesterday - worked in morning and stopped around midday.. I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing thing.

Looks like too many connections, like when the app first released - if iOS had an update maybe that is why lots of people downloading and opening it again?
Yeah it's dead again lol

As it seems to be AWS hosted, they should be able to scale it up fairly easily to cope with peaks in demand, though knowing MG they probably designed it so it only works on a single server :(

On a side note @WonkoTheSaneUK .
Have you spotted the two new BP rapid chargers being installed at the location below.
Work is still ongoing and fenced off.

IMG_2564.jpeg

On a side note @WonkoTheSaneUK .
Have you spotted the two new BP rapid chargers being installed at the location below.
Work is still ongoing and fenced off.

View attachment 23264
I hadn't, because I hardly ever go past there.
I'm told the Osprey unit at Ewloe's Running Hare pub is in the same condition.
Does anyone know if the app is working yet? I'm on android and it's been dead since yesterday evening for me. I tried logging out and reinstallng the app, now I can't even get logged in.

Thanks.
Working for me. Be aware that Android is still at version 2.0.2

I think I realised the minute I started getting the "service unavailable, please try again later" messages at about lunchtime that it was the servers. So apart from periodically refreshing the screen to see if it was going to update, I didn't do anything else. I know the car was at 91% at ten past five, so at least I've nothing to worry about there. It'll be done and balanced by now.
I've not been able to connect using the app for over 24 hours now, it's ridiculous and MG should be ashamed of themselves

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back