It would be helpful if everyone left a blistering review in the various app stores. It can take a few days for new reviews to be uploaded so be patient
Yes I have done that, given it just 1 star which is the minimum and given it "absolutely rubbish" in the comments. I have also sent an email to SAIC but don't know if I will actually get a response.

Just out of interest. Can anyone get the UK country code to work. For me it takes ages to load the country codes. But they are all greyed out.

seems to be dependant on what you orginally registered with either email or mobile as everybody only seems to be able to login with one or other.

If mobile, I had to take the 0 off the start, and if greyed out still, check you ticked accept terms under the login button.
I will try yet again when I have calmed down a bit. But appreciate you help.

MG own the app though - and its terrible !
Quite right. I was going to say that same thing.

Seriously, you do wonder about app testing at MG. Surely they must have iPhones, android phones and the like. And a beta group of a hundred or so testers? Mustn't they???

So as of 15:55 GMT I can't log in via phone (can't get a country code) or email (doesn't recognise it even though used for original binding), and I can't bind as I get taken to the log on screen. The 'old' version doesn't work. Is this still 'server issues' does anyone know? Without expletives to describe the continuing MG professional way of working, I'll call this a farce.

Update 16:06: after numerous attempts (thanks community for mentioning to keep trying) I'm now in! Reset to Miles from Km ok. Persevere guys!

Last edited:
No pre-heat on my way back home today... (Failed to get user info from tenant).

Brrrrr!

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Seriously, you do wonder about app testing at MG. Surely they must have iPhones, android phones and the like. And a beta group of a hundred or so testers? Mustn't they???
I'd be amazed if they had beta testers - I bet its just the developers.

I don't know how many use the app - Google Play Store is showing 100k+ downloads but not sure where their next level descriptor is (250k+, 500k? maybe?), add in apple users and it could well be several hundred thousand all trying to connect. They need to upgrade their load balancers

After faffing around eventually got it going (Android).

Now at end of day and get "Token Expired. The login token has expired please log in again".

Must have used a bunch of trainees to write this pile of ***p.....

App still doesn't enable heating seats.

What happened to my heated steering wheel? That just didn't get installed

Took several attempts to update this app then it wouldn't let me log in so changed my password and it eventually after about twenty attempts let me in. Tried to bind the car and after a hour of trying it finally accepted the QR code on the dash and my account details appeared on the car screen. Great I thought and the app seemed to like that and asked me to return to the login but alas all the app wants me to do is bind with the car again so very frustrating and no functionality in the app.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back