It now supports Face ID on Apple devices and the digital key is on the home page 🙏🏼

IMG_1281.jpeg

Oh my goodness

On IOS, deleted app and downloaded the new version from app store, logged in... its changed folks, a brand new learning experience :eek:, working with both of my MG`s, keyless entry is now on the home page, if you want to update data select the little MG icon in bottom left corner.... oh my. It is actually so far an improvement, appears to have a few new functions. Make sure you are sitting down before updating...
I am new to all of this so how do I know which is the new app?

Morning,

Logged into Ismart this morning (iPhone) and got a message saying update to version 2 as it has major changes.

Went to the App Store and apparently the app isn’t available in my country (UK) Tried to search for an update manually but no luck.

The app is basically bricked now as I can’t clear the please update message to use any features. Anyone else experiencing this?
I had the same message in App Store saying this is not available for your country when i clicked update option from within the app in the About section.
But if you just go to the App Store, search for MG iSmart you will have an update option there which worked fine.
I don’t quite like the UI of the updated version. There is no dark mode. Just one white skin. Data aren’t laid out in a sensible way. In the old version i can see the battery percentage and range remaining next to each other. In new version they are at different places. The lock unlock icon was overlaid on top of the car picture in old version which was easier and intuitive. In newer version they are beneath the car picture and not immediately obvious to know whether car is locked or not.

I'm guessing the servers are busy with everyone downloading the new app and then playing with it to see what's new.

The manual battery heating seems to be less hidden. I'd still love the option to make the car the same colour as your actual car. Seems like such an oversight!

Magic. Working now. Seems as though the update only went into the App Store at 8am which was why I couldn’t update it. Thanks folks.

I have an MG4 Trophy Long Range. I went to run App as I do most mornings. I was told to update. Clicked that. New app appears to be installed. However, it dies not recognise my password. Tried to register. Screen says service not available! For heavans sake. I now have no access to the App! Anyone else suffering too?

I have an MG4 Trophy Long Range. I went to run App as I do most mornings. I was told to update. Clicked that. New app appears to be installed. However, it dies not recognise my password. Tried to register. Screen says service not available! For heavans sake. I now have no access to the App! Anyone else suffering too?
I would re-update from the app store as described above, no access or logging in problems so far all working fine

I like the new look, but in typical MG style there appear to be a few ‘features’. My internal temp is 78c… I might cook a roast later… also I like the map feature and that I can search for my nearest electric charge station… muang, only 5800 miles away… not sure I’ll make it there on a full charge

Working OK on Android (UK) although I forgot password and had a little delay resetting. UI looks OK, very light colour but seems to be laid out well. Anyone tried the seat heating to see if now the correct way around?

Had to uninstall and reinstall, otherwise just black screen on start (android)
Now login button stays grayed out, even if country, phone number and password are correct. No leading zeroes in phone number nor special characters in the password.
How hard is it to find competent software developers for a multi-billion car company?

Well I'm locked out because my previous password used a character the new system won't accept and the servers seem too busy to let me reset it.

Well done MG.

Had to uninstall and reinstall, otherwise just black screen on start (android)
Now login button stays grayed out, even if country, phone number and password are correct. No leading zeroes in phone number nor special characters in the password.
How hard is it to find competent software developers for a multi-billion car company?
Have you ticked the tiny box for T&C's ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back